Best Cleaner For Swingarm And Engine?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOCKE

Reaction score
Need to clean the inside of swingarm and engine exterior. What?s the best stuff out there that?s not too harsh.

I use lemon fairy liquid and been using it on my pushbikes for years ,these expensive foams etc are just bullcrap imho

I've always used Auto Finesse stuff...iron out is good and citrus power for the front of bike for bugs etc

Wonder wipes are brilliant, I swear by them. Excellent for removing tar spots and chain lube from the swingarm, wheels etc.

Brilliant for cleaning helmet and leathers too, in fact I use them for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby wipes for bugs. Gt85 for degreasing.
I find the wonder wipes good but they leave a residue on visors and screens

Quick buff with the microfibre cloth after cleaning and it?s perfect.

I find the wonder wipes to be better at lifting the bugs and chain lube than baby wipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The outside of my swingarm is clean and polished to a good shine but I?m struggling with the inside dirt. I?ve started using Motul Shine & Go for the bodywork. I?m really looking for a cleaner that will clean the hard to reach and out of sight areas as I?m a bit OCD.

I have a black gen 3 so I'm on shaky ground here, but isn't the silver finished swing arm anodised? Assuming you've removed the road dirt and surplus chain lube (gunk, sdoc100, Autoglym motorcycle cleaner, etc) I'd be careful with what else you use. Anodised finishes can be damaged by the wrong cleaner. A few drops of Fairy liquid and on one of those plastic pot scourers may help. Autosol make a polish specifically for anodised aluminium.

What parts of the engine are you concerned about?

Last edited:
The inside of the swingarm has a rough surface and not a polished finish like the exterior. I would like the area around the sump and manifold cleaner on the engine.

The inside of the swingarm has a rough surface and not a polished finish like the exterior. I would like the area around the sump and manifold cleaner on the engine.

Inside swing arm: Fairy Liquid and plastic pot scourer pad.
Sump and manifold: gunk or similar, then give it a coat of ACF50. It's hidden by the fairing!

Back