glowing red

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
hi guys have any of you notice on start up that the 2 inner headers glow red for about 10 to 15 secs then go to normal colour, is this normal or something to worry about,ive never noticed it on my other 3 RRs

If its a common thing then it would be emissions related. To heat up the cat and run lean for euro5

I rang Barhnstomers today to ask about the headers glowing red on start up,but the tech is not in till tomorrow, so ill let you know what they say, hopefully its normal

ive just got off the phone with the dealer about the headers running red hot, on start up, its quite normal,so happy days nothing to worry about:scooter:

Ok, I?ve noticed since my first service on start up I get a bit of a burning smell and then goes away. Could this be related to this?

it could just be some oil on the exhaust from the service,ie taking off and replacing the oil filter, I sprayed wd 40 to clean up the cats, when it was stone cold,i forgot to wipe it off,a day latter the bike go out, it smoked for like 5mins

Back