Hey peeps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfSimen

Reaction score
Hello from Oslo, Norway!

I don't yet have a s1000rr (I have a Husqvarna 701 SM), but I'm saving up some money and was thinking about buying one soon. It's going to be interesting to see how much of a delay there will be from BMW shutting down the production plant in Germany for a while because of the Corona-virus.
Seeing as I am in Norway, the climate means that you can't really ride a motorbike all year round without a lot of risk. Hope I don't end up getting the bike after the season is over.

Looking forward to lots of useful info from the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

What have been your favourite experiences on the 701?

Fingers crossed you can get on an S1000RR this Summer. What model are you considering?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji41]

Thnx!

Some of my favorite experiences on the 701 must be the unplanned shortish trips that turn into a longer trip because I find some random twisty road that takes me far off course :)
It's fun to just explore places i have not been to before.

I'm thinking about a new 2020 with the dynamic package, and maybe the M forged wheels as well.

Hey mate, I've travelled from Germany, thru Denmark into Sweden and up to Oslo and can confirm the roads we hit on the way to Stavanger were exceptional...Once you get past Drammen on the E134 the road opens up, head to Dalen on the 45 and that stretch to the 39 is immense.

A couple of memorable parts were reaching a really high point overlooking a valley that the road just disappeared into the distance and sitting behind my mate circa 70-100mph we calculated at least 1.5hrs, we still talk about that 13 years later..it was sensational stretch of road and what an end to wrap up the holiday !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back