Midweek Run to Campbeltown

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Good run out yesterday, just me and Rob Carson, nice and easy leading up to a decent pace in places, the roads were dead.

The wind got up heading down the peninsula making it an interesting ride at times, it was just what we both needed... to get out and blow the cobwebs off. Felt a bit rusty in places but got into it as the we knocked in the miles.

These new Power 5 Michelins worked fine, think the compounds are entirely different from the Power RS, normally I'd see some feathering on the shoulders but the rear was clean round the circumference. Maybe they need a better rider [emoji87]...
61386bf5a8360aa06863af6da12870b9.jpg
334895360b36b5a8cf7887b17076ad11.jpg
9c3f25e61a967175ab6b4332133733ea.jpg
9e1b446d5c3bab3d8438a2823b9a0ca0.jpg
96328adda5cac3a3da5a6b386de4c92e.jpg
867911f4949aaa1186251e05f778e631.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That carpark brings back memories. :)

- Alex

we are still on the subject of bikes right?? Lol

great pics guys and glad u were both able to shake off the cobwebs.

im assuming @carsonr6 that the new wheels held up well??

Last edited:
we are still on the subject of bikes right?? Lol

great pics guys and glad u were both able to shake off the cobwebs.

im assuming @carsonr6 that the new wheels held up well??

I think so, not had a chance to check them but wouldn?t have thought there will be any issue. I?ll give it a clean later and check them

79cc4d73d840499a6d8a7980e4b11706.jpg

It?s easy to forget the issues with the bike when you ride it. I find it difficult when people ask me why the bikes so good and all I can reply is, it?s just does everything so easy and so fast without fuss and feels so safe. Hopefully that?s the end of the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s the quietest I?ve seen the Green Welly. Shame as that should be full of tourists and bikers. Bet you boys weren?t hanging about on they roads!

That?s the quietest I?ve seen the Green Welly. Shame as that should be full of tourists and bikers. Bet you boys weren?t hanging about on they roads!

Speed limits were observed at all times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys get special dispensation from Wee Nicola ? :)

I'm cant wait to get back out on mine
I just called her and told her straight that we we're heading out, she gave us a pass and she phoned the police too... if these guys are travelling at excessive speeds then turn a blind eye...she's not a bad wee wummin actually, she's a gronk but no bad !

I just called her and told her straight that we we're heading out, she gave us a pass and she phoned the police too... if these guys are travelling at excessive speeds then turn a blind eye...she's not a bad wee wummin actually, she's a gronk but no bad !

I think I'll give her a call as well:)

Wicked run down to Campbeltown from Glasgow, special place for me [emoji3059]
Talking about quiet roads, I now live on the edge of the peak district and a few weeks back I was working at a temporary morgue in Manchester 7 days a week. Ok not on a bike but the highlight of my day was commuting over the Snakes Pass, roads were totally empty and things got a bit mental. Can't wait to get back over it on the bike

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back