SS Akro headers. What else do I need

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s finally on, and alive....

a9ebbeae67baa0020fb0066d3e1d7493.jpg

No error codes so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your oil cooler needs a deep clean lol

Error codes can only come from servo motors. If you left the plugged in, there wont be any

Deep Cleaning is next on the list.

Servo cables are in

27e2142156de15a6c11e18ec82dd2080.jpg

However the breaks have been bled, and still very spongy.

Have checked one side of the calipers and the back of the pads have oil on them that concerns me. They are new calipers from TAS racing...

I have however pulled the brake lever in and cable tied it back to see if there is any air. But having bled both Calipers and the master cylinder, and there are no bubbles.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Or should I start another thread? Help Amit [emoji23]

Thanks as always.

Try squeezing the rubber pipe that comes off the reservoir to the master cylinder, sounds daft but I had air in mine and the brakes would not bleed, little squeeze with the lid off and a tiny air bubble escaped, et voila sorted! Worth a try

However the breaks have been bled, and still very spongy.

Have checked one side of the calipers and the back of the pads have oil on them that concerns me. They are new calipers from TAS racing...

I have however pulled the brake lever in and cable tied it back to see if there is any air. But having bled both Calipers and the master cylinder, and there are no bubbles.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Or should I start another thread? Help Amit [emoji23]

can you define spongy ? is it spongy when you extend the lever far out ?

I've had it where it firmed up after a ride. Think it was the abs purging.

- Alex

can you define spongy ? is it spongy when you extend the lever far out ?

when I pull the brake in for the first/second time, it pulls closer to the lever. On the 3 attempt, the bit is better. However, if I leave it 5 mins and pull it in again, it feel like the 1st/2nd time when it pull in too far.

I've had it where it firmed up after a ride. Think it was the abs purging.

- Alex

I'll put 2 armoured jackets and go for a small bimble, hopefully it will firm up. Let hope the ABS purging resolves it.

On a side note, the new noise coming out of the headers and the can puts a smile on my face :)

cheshirecat.png

Last edited:
So just go out.

Brakes still spongy... after 4 miles the felt the lever lock. Pumped again and it released. A mile or so, noticed the ABS LIGHTS on.. any ideas please?

6b734bba891fd939cddd71001759b33c.jpg

It?s not locking now but if not being used for minute or so, not get the initial bite, only at second attempt it?s what I would call normal.

Any suggestions please?

Back