ilimberger road belly pan

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my belly pan today and I have these two extra bits I can?t make sense of where they go. The instructions don?t mention anything. Anyone know?
ebde143256c4fbaf0d5402b74cb048db.jpg

yeah those replace the plastic parts pretty far up the fork legs on each side.

Soof.. which belly pan did you go for? Stock exhaust, full system, or race bellypan?

Curious to see how it goes for you as I've got a stock exhaust one on the way (once they've made some more!)

Thanks I worked that out on those bits.

Jeez

What an absolute nightmare that was to fit.

So there are a few things to note.

Firstly the holes in the carbon do not fit the collar of the new style fairing bolts. If you use the new style bolts they sit proud. I had a box of ones from my HP4 so used them instead. Ilmberger clearly have got this wrong. New left next to old on the right:

06d31de78b6c30ac858f3a6ff35515a7.jpg

Secondly. If you have the bmw rad guards fitted they will need removing and fixing directly to the oil cooler and rad. I used zip ties. Also the oil cooler guard tabs all need removing if they are going to be used with the carbon belly pan otherwise it won?t fit.

Thirdly. The fit is really tight. I have had to fight it quite hard using arms and legs to force the holes to line up to get the fairing screws in. Once in it all seems to fit nice a snug.

Lastly. The side bits (they are bling and don?t attach to the belly pan. Fit these first!

44cf75044648a1e0f5e75459d8a84e7e.jpg

Now for a well deserved beer before fitting the other goodies that arrived.

It a full system road bellypan.
I bought the full system belly pan as well. Returned it as soon as I ran into the same issues you ran into and replaced it with the one for the stock exhaust. looks just as well and it fits perfectly

I think the bolt thing is the same on the old ones I just used Probolts in black to hide them anyway,

I think the bolt thing is the same on the old ones I just used Probolts in black to hide them anyway,

Yes could be the bolt design changed for the gen 3 although I thought it was just the heads.

Another top tip for fitting one of these is remove the front mud guard before anything else, the extra space around the front of the bike would have been really helpful.

I bought the full system belly pan as well. Returned it as soon as I ran into the same issues you ran into and replaced it with the one for the stock exhaust. looks just as well and it fits perfectly

Why did it fit better, were the holes bigger etc?

Why did it fit better, were the holes bigger etc?
Yes. Holes were actually all drilled correctly. It fits like a glove and looks great. The CAT holes actually look quite great with a full system... TI blue shining through. Furthermore, the belly pan for full system is missing one mounting point (center one that's not drilled where the long carbon piece gets attached to) whereas the belly pan for the stock exhaust does have those mounting points.

Ilmberger swapped them no questions asked.

Yes. Holes were actually all drilled correctly. It fits like a glove and looks great. The CAT holes actually look quite great with a full system... TI blue shining through. Furthermore, the belly pan for full system is missing one mounting point (center one that's not drilled where the long carbon piece gets attached to) whereas the belly pan for the stock exhaust does have those mounting points.

Ilmberger swapped them no questions asked.

That is useful to know, I will stick with this one. Did you have rad and oil cooler guards fitted as well?

Great work Andy! I?ll pay for ur hotel for when u wanna travel down and install mine! Have a well earned bear tonight..... chain adjusters tomorrow!

That is useful to know, I will stick with this one. Did you have rad and oil cooler guards fitted as well?
Yes I did.. and it didn't work with the full system belly pan which was another reason I swapped with the stock exhaust belly pan. The full system belly pan is only connected via 4 screws, two of which have no connection to the frame/engine whatsoever. I didn't trust that set up :)

You will have seen from my previous post - I fitted the Ilmberger Road belly pan for the stock exhaust. I'm no home mechanic. The fit is very good (but tight) and if you can get the bike raised it will help fitting it. There are 3 different size bolts used on the stock belly pan. All of the bolts, if put back in the same holes, fit the Ilmberger pan. I also have the BMW oil / radiator guards fitted. These fit exactly the same with the road belly pan. I have no experience with any of the other Race belly pans.

Hello All,
I wanted to revamp this thread just to help any fellow member/owner decide what to do about Ilmberger belly pans.
It is arguably one of the most aesthetically pleasing mods you can do to the Gen 4.

I am specifically referring to the ILMBERGER ROAD belly pan for a FULL EXHAUST. As mentioned throughout this thread.

And heres the review:

DO NOT BUY THIS PAN!!! DO NOT BUY THIS PAN!!!

I bought mine before reading this post, but when I did read this post, was stupid enough to not return it like Noxx did!
I thought, my experience would be different to Noxx or Soof's above.
Oh yes, I am A.K.A "The Smart Ass!!"

From the get go; The instructions did not mention anything or show anything regarding those two extra parts that fit at the top near the top of the rad on the left and right. You have to remove the whole radiator cowl inner fairing, and kiss goodbye your protectors.

Well, those lovely carbon parts did not fit well at all. Nothing lines up. Nothing! If you match the bolt holes under the lights, the rods that insert into the rubber grommets at the top of the rad are held in by maybe 8mm. Garbage!

The rest of the pan?
Well you guessed it, OEM holes and carbon parts dont line up.
I had to actually leave two bolts completely out because it was impossible, the holes were so out of sync.

And the cherry on the cake?
The original bolts that you take off your fairings will not fit on to the ilmberger pan, exactly for the reasons mentioned by our fellow member above.
I did not have spare ones.
So I used allen head bolts that were black from my old ducati that fit and probably look better anyway. But still, what If you dont have any?
Oh did I mention the rad protectors??
I butchered my rad and oil cooler guards and tried the zip tie like above, mine wouldnt fit at all.
Now I have butchered guards I cant sell or use.

Please gents, Just dont bloody bother.

Buy the road version designed to fit with the OEM cats and exhaust system. Which (it appears) fit as a 600 quid item should do.
OR
Buy a Full six pan. Not an ilmberger!
Selling us this wipe my ass bullsh*t at a massive premium, so you can waste a day realising you were ripped off!

But I fitted it in the end. So why am I moaning?

Because my pedigree chums, when I will need to remove it to change oil, Diagnose something, or do anything in that area of the bike;
it will be such a BIT*H to remove and then refit, that I will constantly be reminded how I was ripped off paying big money for a big brand that was clearly not designed for the post 2020 bikes. (Mine is a 2022.)

And I cannot in good faith sell this to anyone, and not expect them to look me up and post me a Turd as a thank you for ripping them off also!

Guys, HEAR ME! do not buy this belly pan!

I could continue now by swearing and cursing the brand. But I wont.
You have been warned. I thought I was special and that the above experience would not happen to me.
I am actually a Dikhead... and a sado masochist thats got money to throw away.
I would of been better off posting up my bank details and PIN number...

Last edited:
Just to add to LeDuke's post above, in case anyone is considering buying one, I have the Ilmberger road full belly pan with stock exhaust and BMW rad guards and it fits perfectly. It looks ace and has been on and off a good few times over the last three years.

I can't vouch for the pan for a full race exhaust. Ilmberger, as a rule, are fantastic at what they do.

Last edited:
I've bought the Ilmberger full road off a friend of a friend, who swapped his standard exhaust for the Akraprovic M-Sport Titanium system, and it wouldn't fit his bike, so got a bit of a deal, still haven't fitted it yet !

Back