ilimberger road belly pan

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its the rd version ive got for the std system,ive had another go at it today,took the two top fairing bits off,put all the bolts in,and found that the 2 ear pieces on the front of the carbon pan were a quarter inch out both sides I could make them fit but it made the rad cowl bend forward, pulling everthing forward. so I got the dermal out and made the holes bigger,all now line up,and no touching of the big cat at the end about a 4mil gap underneath at its tightist point,i have not started or ridden it yet to see how hot the carbon gets near the cats,fingers X IT WILL NOT MELT OR CATCH FIRE, ampj8 can you check how much clearance you have on the bottom of the rear cat please,THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP

its the rd version ive got for the std system,ive had another go at it today,took the two top fairing bits off,put all the bolts in,and found that the 2 ear pieces on the front of the carbon pan were a quarter inch out both sides I could make them fit but it made the rad cowl bend forward, pulling everthing forward. so I got the dermal out and made the holes bigger,all now line up,and no touching of the big cat at the end about a 4mil gap underneath at its tightist point,i have not started or ridden it yet to see how hot the carbon gets near the cats,fingers X IT WILL NOT MELT OR CATCH FIRE, ampj8 can you check how much clearance you have on the bottom of the rear cat please,THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP

Ok will check.
However I do think you started assembling in the wrong sequence and as I recommended one should not tighten the screws but at the end. Because when you tighten some it will then put pressure on the others and you will find it harder to fit.
Haven?t ridden mine on very hot days so I trust for the time being also still a month from my track day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Carsonr6 - I ordered mine direct from Ilimberger in euros, worked out cheaper as the exchange rate was good. Worth looking at both options.

yeah oldwobbler the same instructions ,ampj8 I did put the bolts in lose,except the 2 ear type pieces that fit on the rad cowl, where they didn't line up at all,thats why I made those holes longer so when I did tighten the rest of the bolts the ear pieces on the carbon still lined up,i would be very gratefull if you could measure the gap between the carbon at the bottom of the rear cat, once again cheers guys

Finally got round to fitting my belly pan. Its not easy as its one bit where as the original splits in two and is easy to get on/off. I followed the suggestion by ampj8 - front to back. I can't measure the gap around the cat - it is tight but does not touch any where. Its just a very close fit but everything lined up, eventually. This bit I guess is where you have problems with fit?:-

Pan Fitted a.jpg

I have pics here. It is tight but not ruching anywhere judge by yourselves. Close as a 1cm on the sides. Below no issues.
3aa1ad4b30eb9f96157889248a63cbcc.jpg

ecfff09c512896cb0c57b131486c42a7.jpg

8d5565d09a31811a1ad7dc5472456119.jpg

0dee0702d20fd8aad5dfa5cf1bff9762.jpg

9357c7624f37d278b8126e6d0b7e714e.jpg

f86b17ca6e5058ffa9dc072a74121019.jpg

70b4575f50d73ee470558467731a4d03.jpg

5fd46918a2d3983dd831c719674f44e5.jpg

475c648b9f677ded14cdf5e126140cb0.jpg

thanks oldwobbeler for the pics,mines tight on the underneath at the rear big cat,i like the decals you have put on,the pans a bit bland with nothing on it ,ill get in touch with your man tom,i started mine today and run it up to temp,boy the carbon gets hot all over,im hoping it will run cooler when im riding it, but what i did notice was the 2 inner stock down pipes glowed red for about 10 to 15 secs then went to the same colour as the 2 outer down pipes, normal,has any body else seen this,and is it something i should be worried about,ive never seen this before on any of the 3 rrs ive had

thanks oldwobbeler for the pics,mines tight on the underneath at the rear big cat,i like the decals you have put on,the pans a bit bland with nothing on it ,ill get in touch with your man tom,i started mine today and run it up to temp,boy the carbon gets hot all over,im hoping it will run cooler when im riding it, but what i did notice was the 2 inner stock down pipes glowed red for about 10 to 15 secs then went to the same colour as the 2 outer down pipes, normal,has any body else seen this,and is it something i should be worried about,ive never seen this before on any of the 3 rrs ive had

He posted one pic and I post you like 8 and no thanks???

The heat from the cat is a concern. The pan does have minimal heat shielding on the inside. How the decals last remains to be seen!! Time will tell.

The side opening where the cat is is the highest heat point that?s why is important to have that hole if you run OEM.
Will see but it?s not the first belly pan they make so I trust them.

I went for 100mile ride yesterday no problems with the cat melting the carbon belly pan,it ran quite cool when on the move,but stopped at lights etc, it does get rather toasty,thanks for help guys,nice one

Anyone else had issues with the size of the holes? Literally all of them are too small for the stock screws. Also.. the belly pan for full systems is not compatible with BMW rad guards... can throw them out now :(

Anyone else had issues with the size of the holes? Literally all of them are too small for the stock screws. Also.. the belly pan for full systems is not compatible with BMW rad guards... can throw them out now :(

Absolutely no issues with holes on the street version. Racing version as you seem to have might be different.

Noxx - I have the road version fitted with the standard exhaust and BMW rad/oil guards. It fits really well. I didn't need to adjust any holes at all. As its one piece it does take a bit of time to line everything up. Thats just my experience though.

I am returning the street version for full systems. Out of all screw holes only one was drilled correctly.

I do wonder if they do different things for different parts of the world - or adapt the pieces over time.

For example, I bought a section behind the rear seat. I saw a You Tube video of someone in the US fitting the same bit, but he had to transfer those metal tabs from the stock unit to the Ilmberger carbon piece. But my piece had much narrower holes, which couldn't accept those tabs (and the instructions didn't mention them at all), and I fitted it without using them just fine.

Got my belly pan today and I have these two extra bits I can?t make sense of where they go. The instructions don?t mention anything. Anyone know?
ebde143256c4fbaf0d5402b74cb048db.jpg

Back