ilimberger road belly pan

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
hi ive just fitted a ilimberger road belly pan,which was a P I T A to fit nothing lined up, finally got it fitted but the rear were the cat is the pans hitting it ,and for the life of me I cant see a way around it,unless im doing something wrong with the assembly,hopfully some one can give me some pointers,for a piece of carbon that cost ?700+ the fit is not very good

I'm about to get one of these too.

I've seen some YouTube videos and nobody has reported bad or difficult fitment. Their stuff is usually as good as it gets, so I'm quite surprised.

There customer support is good so I'd start there. Let us know how you get on.

In the meantime, can you take some pics? Someone might spot something with pictures.

cheers guys i will ring PP TOMORROW IVE STILL GOT THE CATS FITTED ITS THE RIGHT PAN BUT THE FIT IS SHITE , IVE HAD IT ON AND OFF MORE TIMES THAN I RODE THE BIKE,IVE MOVED BRACKETS UP/DOWN I NEARLY GOT THE DRILL OUT TO ELONGATE THE HOLES,BUT I HELD BACK ON THAT ONE

Just to clarify this for anyone else...

Race bellypan, for use with the full Ilmberger race fairings. Not compatible with the stock road fairings at all. I believe fully enclosed so you have the oil catch tank like race bikes:
Bellypan-race.jpg

Road bellypan, fits with stock fairings, but for those with a full aftermarket exhaust system (no cats):
Bellypan-fullsystem.jpg

Road bellypan, fits with stock fairings, compatible with the stock exhaust, headers and cats. Notice the extra opening for the cats at the lower edge to keep them cool. Also notice it's open underneath, again to accomodate the cats, so not able to function as a catch tank:
Bellypan-stockexhaust.jpg

Last edited:
Race have always fitted the oem bodywork if you took the cat off in previous generations so it would be a change if it didn't

- Alex

Oh yeah you either lost the shroud or did what I did and bought a second and cut the lower section off then bolted them together.

- Alex

Oh yeah you either lost the shroud or did what I did and bought a second and cut the lower section off then bolted them together.

- Alex

Exactly that! I got a mechanic to hack mine for me. No going back.

I'm wondering if the Gen 4 ones are "more incompatible". Seems the race stuff isn't so interchangeable this time, but that's just from looking at some of the shapes. For instance, it doesn't even have the "arms" like the other belly pans. I suppose it could just get it's fitment from other points and brackets (the race stuff had the quick release brackets in the past too). Not 100% on it though

ive have spoken to performance parts today about the fitment problems,they are going to get in touch with ilimberger today ,and let me know if a specle way of fitting them,or send it back for a refund

I have to grind pretty much from several places that made it fit in place well..
This time there is no need to cut the original fairings. Now it comes with separate parts inside up front.
There are only two fasten points on the sides.
The old model had a better fit...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=141rQ7dyxjO7D153NNNgSloEkCd_fPnBC
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y5hXvarUAgUPlRNQDUUJeS3nDAk150NM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zEkm4QQpthZDf_7NcSvyEiijFUlv8KTz

Thanks for that, very useful.

So that's the road version, for de-cats. @paradoc, your one shouldn't look like that, should have more holes. If yours does look like that, you've got the wrong one for the stock exhaust

Last edited:
Fitted it in one go no issues it fits tight and one has to start in a logical sequence and not tightening all bolts right away. Support it under so it sits in place.
Start from those under the front fairing.
Then continue with those on the side then those under at the end.
That?s my recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one sat in the garage waiting to be fitted. I didn't like the fact it was plain carbon - I quite like the look of the standard decals on the original belly pan so I'm getting some made to match on the Ilimberger one. I hope it fits after all that! I'll stick some pics up with the decals on once done - should be end of this week.

Back