What GoPro?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
Want to buy a Gopro for trackday videos, but got no idea which one is best to buy?
Would love to have the track layout and speed etc on there but guessing that's not just a standard feature of the cam?

The GoPro's from 5 on appear to have decent gps/accelerometer data which apps can convert to a 'dashboard' overlay, even their own Quik app. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeLx9NC2E18
You can't go wrong with GoPro - lots of industry support. I'd say anything from the 6 up is going to be great, how and where you mount is the most critical issue.
If you want better data use a AIM Solo (2) DL and Dashware.net or similar to link the video to the data

Thank you so much for the video, very informative. I never knew that GoPro could be transformed into a "dashboard."

Anything above or equal to GoPro 7

What you want to have is 60fps for smooth videos and some form of image stabilization.

I would have thought for trackdays and racing you'd be blocking some of your view with that. Head is low most of the time

Not sure that I agree with your comment, as the camera will see the same as the rider.

May buy one shortly to try.

Definitely better for Road use as the Police won?t confiscate it in the event or a Road traffic issue such as speeding as they would with a go-Pro etc as they wouldn?t be able to see the camera.

If that takes up 15-20mm at the top of your visor normal riding that makes no difference but I know I keen the head down and look through the top of the visor

Fully agree with you @Corkgsxr
I can?t imagine that camera working on a sportbike.
Sportbike helmets are specifically designed to allow for greater vision in this part of the helmet, and that camera appears to block a considerable amount of your viewing area.

Might work OK on a bolt upright bike

Last edited:
Never had a hjc helmet, but I only read the best reviews. This company specializes exclusively in helmet production. I'll be sure to buy one and try this one.

Back