Uneven wear on brake disc/pad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Pissed off at this excessive clicking off my pads when applying the front brake, so whipped off the calipers, measured the backing plates all 69 mm, I can fit a 0.75 mm feeler between the edge of each pad and the internal abutments which I feel is excessive. Apparently R1 calipers have this clicking anomaly arghhhh !.. Done around 30 miles at various speeds and a few miles closer to top end... so brakes should have bedded in a little better than this.

Checked over the discs and found this uneven wear on the right hand rotor and pads, checked everything thoroughly, built everything back up and applied pressure on the lever before torqueing up the extension bolts, had me thinking the calipers possibly werent centred properly due to the longer bolts and spacers, theres a fair bit of movement in them.. anyhow I'll see how that goes.. brakes are phenomenal... bikes mental lol..
9f663296f5873198dec5c6cbbfab8273.jpg
4a1f7f0b723a783a916a0abe1a52244f.jpg
c6b48cd6d3f244a47e66c5d722ac718f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yea, the discs are brand new, gave them both a push/pull click test and theres loads of lateral movement on the buttons, I reckon it's the calipers just sitting off centre. Those long caliper bolts and spacers allow a fair degree of movement prior to nipping them up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back