2018 1000rr deposit down

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsijay

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am crazy just put down a deposit on a 2018 1000rr sport without even sitting on it or test riding it........i've got a 2015 Yamaha r1 at the moment just wondered are they the same ride height as the r1 as I am over 6ft...now I am thinking to myself have I dropped a boo boo.....bought it coz it was a cracking deal...nothing wrong with the r1 was a cracking bike.....so guy's tell me i've done the rite thing.......being delivered next Tuesday......

You will in no way regret it. I tour, trackday, cruise and fast road ride and it is the best bike by far I?ve ever owned. Smiles for miles coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will in no way regret it. I tour, trackday, cruise and fast road ride and it is the best bike by far I?ve ever owned. Smiles for miles coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on that. They are just awesome.

Rob

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Def no regrets... get some adjustable rearsets If u are concerned on ur height... the blast home will be epic. Build quality far superior imho... u will wonder why u didn?t do it sooner! Have fun
and keep us posted

I'm loving mine, build quality and the shove it gives is above everything else I've owned

As the guys have said, you?ll have absolutely no regrets, S1000RR?s are genuinely amazing motorcycles. I?m 6ft 2 and have toured and commuted on mine with no issues.
As Marc says, rearsets go a long way to making you comfortable on the bike, though I would give the OEM setup a fair go before changing anything

Cheers for the reply's guy's can't wait till next Tuesday room on the mods. ....talking mods Wot's good to do?

I would say a nice dark screen, full exhaust system or just end can, some crash protection and a tail tidy for a start.

Rob

Last edited:
Cheers for that. ...it's already got a scorpion end can on it iam buying it from bmw motorrad in Oxford it's on their website thought it might be a
Old member on here also got a tail tidy but that looks a bit tatty as you can see all the wires would love to other people to have a look at it on their website and tell me wot you think?

Looks nice, I see what you mean about the tail tidy it looks a bit tatty, I would replace it with a evotech one which are the best in my opinion.

Rob.

Where's all them wires come from? Are they inside the original tail?

They come from under the seat cowl where the number plate light and indicator are plugged in.
They come out of a hole under where the tail tidy bolts to.

A bit of heat shrink and a couple of cable ties will sort it.

Rob

Last edited:
Cheers Rob I thought the bike looks shit hot... and the mileage is it a good price you reckon?

I paid about the same for my 17 2 years ago but it had 6.5k miles on it.
It seem a decent price to me especially compared to the other one on there with nearly 10k miles.

Rob

Cheers mate
Can't wait to get it next Tuesday hope it is just as good (or better really ) than my 2015 R1 I hoping it's quicker lower down than the r1

My mate I go out with has a 16 RR and he had a 15 R1 before that and he says the BM is a better and quicker bike.

Rob

Last edited:
Back