Anyone gone out for a ride?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I managed to get out. Covered 120 miles on Friday on the S1000RR and just got back now from a 70 mile run on the Bonneville. Great feeling getting back out, clearly quite a few others had similar ideas and so plenty of biker nods going on, apart from the odd mardy ones!

Went out on my Yamaha FZ1 and covered 85 miles. Not a massive feat I know but this is after my knee surgery where I had a TKR (total knee replacement)
Unfortunately the ride didn?t go according to plan as my knee soon started hurting! After lots of leg dangling I managed to get back home.
I?m back on my exercise bike again with the seat lowered to encourage more knee articulation!
Didn?t try the BM as it?s not taxed yet. I do hope I can progress onto that one soon. Must say I am a little worried now.

Went out on my Yamaha FZ1 and covered 85 miles. Not a massive feat I know but this is after my knee surgery where I had a TKR (total knee replacement)
Unfortunately the ride didn?t go according to plan as my knee soon started hurting! After lots of leg dangling I managed to get back home.
I?m back on my exercise bike again with the seat lowered to encourage more knee articulation!
Didn?t try the BM as it?s not taxed yet. I do hope I can progress onto that one soon. Must say I am a little worried now.

Hi roadrunner,

Given it sounds like this was your first ride after TKR, then I would say you did pretty well. As with anything post surgery, a certain about of physio therapy is required. So the more movement you get the better and more flexible your knee will become. The less exercise it gets, the more stiffer and seized up it will feel. Your plan on the exercise bike sounds good and will definitely help and over time your motorcycle rides will be easier. Another thing, don't know if you already take these, but take regular Cod Liver Oil and Glucosamine Sulphate supplements, good for joints and cartilage.

Thanks for the encouragement Schuey[emoji106]
I have been out previously on the Yam, but just for a short run around the block. I?ve also tried the BM down the street to check the ABS was working. It seemed at the time, that things were progressing well. It?s just this longer ride disappointed me.
I do have that medication here as I used to take them post op, so I may well get back on ?em.
The annoying thing for me is that I was due to go back into hospital in June. My surgeon was going to knock me out and while under, he was going to forcefully move my knee joint through 140 degrees[emoji53] and then put me on a machine the next day to automatically keep bending the joint and hopefully retaining my new found flexibility.
But guess what? They?ve cancelled the procedure due to this bloody virus[emoji21]
So I?ve no idea what?s going to happen, as I?m fighting the build up of scare tissue now. They kept telling me time is of the essence, if I want good flexibility.
Looks like it?s going to be all down to me now[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement Schuey[emoji106]
I have been out previously on the Yam, but just for a short run around the block. I?ve also tried the BM down the street to check the ABS was working. It seemed at the time, that things were progressing well. It?s just this longer ride disappointed me.
I do have that medication here as I used to take them post op, so I may well get back on ?em.
The annoying thing for me is that I was due to go back into hospital in June. My surgeon was going to knock me out and while under, he was going to forcefully move my knee joint through 140 degrees[emoji53] and then put me on a machine the next day to automatically keep bending the joint and hopefully retaining my new found flexibility.
But guess what? They?ve cancelled the procedure due to this bloody virus[emoji21]
So I?ve no idea what?s going to happen, as I?m fighting the build up of scare tissue now. They kept telling me time is of the essence, if I want good flexibility.
Looks like it?s going to be all down to me now[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear this roadrunner, but remain positive, mind over matter and all that and do the best you can yourself. Looking forward to riding is a form of therapy and motivation in itself. Look on YouTube, lots of physio therapy exercises available that you can do at home to help yourself. All the best mate, I hope things get better for you :)

It?s just a tech-spec tank pad, the midline one, that came with the snakeskin traction pads for either side of the tank. I also used cable ties to keep the luggage loops as far back as possible.

I?ve used it with Kriega dry bags, but unfortunately it still doesn?t provide a slip-proof surface when riding, so the packs have a tendency to slide forward.

I think using something like a stomp grip super volcano pad would work much better with Kriega?s rubberised mesh base

I like that idea - I have a spare tank pad...might use that if I use the plate again.

Going good thanks Stuart, went out and did 230 miles yesterday in glorious weather. Looking forward to many more.

Any news when the wee Krankie lady will ease your Lockdown?
That's excellent...230s a good spin, aye she was on TV this morning blabbing something...looks like an announcement will be made this Thursday with a view to getting back to work end of the Month...

So that being the case we should be able to get out and about I reckon !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I think Nicola has done well for herself since she left Rab C Nesbitt and the Crankies.....

Attachments

• 29FA6A44-DE5E-473D-9323-52EE7FF2134D.jpeg
    29FA6A44-DE5E-473D-9323-52EE7FF2134D.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 39E50909-977B-4EA3-ABAE-3D803FEDB435.jpg
    39E50909-977B-4EA3-ABAE-3D803FEDB435.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back