Anyone gone out for a ride?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have spent the last 8 weeks telling myself each day not to ride, on Wednesday that all changed and I finally got out for an 80 mile ride after work and loved every minute.

Has anyone else enjoyed the freedom?

Hows it going Phil, I've not been out other than locally or a loop round my area that lasted 20 mins... Got that Kwacker MOTd couple of days ago and took her for a 15 min spin to make sure I had put it together correctly lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Just got back from a ride with @preynol1
Very good indeed to be back on two wheels, and to have a proper catch-up with Paul!

Hopefully we can meet-up for a ride soon, has been ages.
Pass on my regards to Mick tomorrow

bed4f355e7a91bdc36f8d992e2579572.jpg

Very good indeed to be back on two wheels, and to have a proper catch-up with Paul!

Glad to see the bikes are keeping 2m apart - good social distancing

I have pop out a few times [emoji51].
Couldn?t help my self with all this good weather [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been out, going again tommorrow 7.30 start - thinking loomies, and saffron walden next thursday.

I have spent the last 8 weeks telling myself each day not to ride, on Wednesday that all changed and I finally got out for an 80 mile ride after work and loved every minute.

yep, I did try but couldn?t resist. A short journey (probably better done by car... it was essential though) turned into a detour. I was shocked when I got home that the TC and ABS indicators were both nearly maxed out. Really? I clearly need to re-calibrate my thrill sensors...
A more expansive ride is planned for Monday, but I think the speed wagons will be out there as they have little else to do right now. Unlocking lockdown is not the time to be irresponsible I?m thinking. Of course, I?ll be self isolating all day, flask of coffee, doughnuts for stops. I?m definitely missing this stuff...

Two bikes that have obviously enjoyed some 'lockdown love'! Credit to you both!

Oli, what are the mods to your Sportrack? Looks like an anti-slip pad or some such? What did you use and does it work?

Thanks!

Two bikes that have obviously enjoyed some 'lockdown love'! Credit to you both!

Oli, what are the mods to your Sportrack? Looks like an anti-slip pad or some such? What did you use and does it work?

Thanks!

It?s just a tech-spec tank pad, the midline one, that came with the snakeskin traction pads for either side of the tank. I also used cable ties to keep the luggage loops as far back as possible.

I?ve used it with Kriega dry bags, but unfortunately it still doesn?t provide a slip-proof surface when riding, so the packs have a tendency to slide forward.

I think using something like a stomp grip super volcano pad would work much better with Kriega?s rubberised mesh base

Yes first day yesterday back on! I'm still buzzing from an amazing blast [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

220 miles today on the ducati for me.
Got 5 trackdays over the next 5 weeks all being well so needed a bit of seat time.

Back