New bike (well to me anyway!) Gen1 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ1989

Reaction score
newbike.jpg

Picked up this yesterday, after not riding for 6 years was quite an experience!! 2 owner, 13k miles, last owner was only doing 4-500 miles per year for the last 5 years! VERY clean bike, FSH (Main Dealer). Only opened her up to 10k rpm so far as still getting comfortable riding again. Handles amazing!

Ordered a few bits for her which I will get fitted today and after the weekend:-

• Bridgestone S22 Tyres 190/55 and 120/17
  • DID 525VX Upgraded X-Ring Chain
  • New Sprockets 17 front 44 rear
  • Scottoiler E System
  • 7x5 Personalised Plate
  • Austin Racing Carbon GP2 200mm Slip On Can (Should arrive mid-late June)
  • Tank Grips
  • Short & Adjustable Clutch + Brake Lever
  • Gilles Chain Adjusters
  • Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards
  • Gilles Adjustable Rearsets
  • Philips X-TremeVision H7 130% Bulbs
  • LED Canbus Sidelight Bulbs

I still have a few bits I'd like to get - the bike is Black with a lot of carbon parts too - I would like to get:

• Carbon Rear Hugger/Mudguard
  • R&G Tailtidy with Mini Indicators
  • R&G Engine/Clutch Covers.

I would also like to get the Suspension set up too for my weight.

Cheers,
PJ

Lovely looking bike. Really pleased for you mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great colour scheme...that can will sound a lot nicer than stock...enjoy and ride safe

Congratulations on your new RR!

Excellent colour choice and you?ve got some very nice mods planned.
Re carbon mudguard, Ilmberger do an excellent integrated unit that combines the upper chain guard. They do two versions, one with a cutout and one without, I would recommend the latter version as protects the shock much better.

Have you used the Scotoiler E system previously? If so, what do you think of them?

Welcome PJ, really good bunch of bolt on parts, happy spannering. Whereabouts are you based? Enjoy the new bike, sounds an excellent purchase.

Back