low seat and rear seat hump

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
fitted the low seat and rear hump today,,as well as the service. :) first pic is medium seat second is low seat.

WlIl87U.jpg

InIOXqV.jpg

JhXEVPj.jpg

xYL2bbP.jpg

Thanks a lot for those pics. I'm still waiting on my low seat to be delivered, so it's good to see the difference. Looks like the front could have gone even lower.

Any difference in comfort between the 2 seats (standard is pretty hard as it is)?

I'm wondering about taking the low seat to be re-upholstered with some gel, to make it even thinner but more comfy, but want to try it first.

Hopefully you getting yours means BMW have some now and I'll be getting mine shortly.

M seat is a plank o wid, standard sport seat is the way to go, it?s like a comfy couch compared to the m seat

Daz

Thanks a lot for those pics. I'm still waiting on my low seat to be delivered, so it's good to see the difference. Looks like the front could have gone even lower.

Any difference in comfort between the 2 seats (standard is pretty hard as it is)?

I'm wondering about taking the low seat to be re-upholstered with some gel, to make it even thinner but more comfy, but want to try it first.

Hopefully you getting yours means BMW have some now and I'll be getting mine shortly.

not tried it yet. the medium is a plank but i gor used to it. dont think it will be any worse. i bought gel but got put off by people saying the seat gets really hot.

I went for the pillion pack on mine as I was told it was ?1200 to buy afterwards - obviously a lot more than the seat hump (which I do plan to buy when the parts guy at Lind is back)
Good margins :D
More like ?650 from KFM but still way more than the plastic hump. That is the reason I ordered the bike with back seat and pegs and bought the hump separately for about ?130

Got my low seat yesterday. Doesn't feel less comfy than the stock M seat (but I've not gone far yet). It is definitely a handy drop in height though. More tapered at the sides so let's go straighter

Does the low m seat fir the regular sport? How much does it take off the overall height? My new sport arrives in a week and I rather sacrifice some comfort for being able to paddle

Back