Secondary Air System removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I'm planning to do this part of M RCK install. Just putting it here for reference

Parts needed

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...1&search_in_description=1&keyword=1172B001A00
https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...4&search_in_description=1&keyword=1173B001A00

This 2 block off intake hole after removing servo motor.

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...0&search_in_description=1&keyword=1371B001B00

Nice video to show part of the job

diag_agd4.jpg

Last edited:
alpha Racing

Here are pictures of the parts linked in Post #1.

alpha Racing Secondary Air System Cover Kit

attachment.php

alpha Racing Secondary Air System Airbox Cover

attachment.php

alpha Racing Airbox Intake Plug Kit

attachment.php

So I started the removal process today but got stuck at crank case breather hose clip.

Does anyone know how can I remove it so I can re-use it ? Tried to take it off with pliers, but that didnt really work. I can't twist it or move it. Is there a special tool to remove this ?

IMG-20200523-182454.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the best option.
If you manage to get it off without damage,you won't be able to re-use it without the special tool as it needs to over-centre to click into place.

I morally pop them open with a thin flat blade screw driver and then refit with a pair of snips or point nose pliers.
Might be tougher though with the location. I'd second a jubilee clip for handyness

So managed to take the clip off (was super easy once you understand how) and removed SAS.

JXgD0v.jpg

JXgbgR.jpg

JXgpJp.jpg

JXgy5N.jpg

JXr9eI.jpg

JXrHbt.jpg

JXrdzX.jpg

JXr2Xn.jpg
\

everything was super easy, but I forgot one plug and I think I damaged thread of right screw that goes into frame to hold air-intake plastic box

Secondary Air System Removal

It looks like a fairly simple installation once you remove the tank. Did the bike register or display any fault codes?

Re: Secondary Air System Removal

It looks like a fairly simple installation once you remove the tank. Did the bike register or display any fault codes?

Not on dash. Will be checking with gs911 tomorrow.

I also tried to remove ABS lines but that didnt go so well as I couldn't remove them without cutting in half so I gave up.

That?s good. It will be interesting to know if it registers a fault code and whether or not it can be easily cleared.

It does register this. You can clear it, but it comes back. Nothing on the dash.

image.png

Secondary Air System Removal

It might just need to be plugged into the BMW system and permanently cleared.

everything was super easy, but I forgot one plug and I think I damaged thread of right screw that goes into frame to hold air-intake plastic box

There is a small hole on air intake box, on same side as servo motor. I forgot to plug it y'day, did that today.

Also removed the motor that was connected to charcoal canister and throttle bodies. No error code registered for that connector.

It might just need to be plugged into the BMW system and permanently cleared.

Well, I was to quick to say no warning on dashboard. There is a warning triangle, altho that might come from DDC as well I guess.

Back