Hi Everyone!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ1989

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just got a 2009/10 S1000RR which gets delivered on Thursday!

Hope to learn a lot from the forum and hopefully take a ride out with some of you if local to Shropshire when the pandemic is over!

Speak soon,

PJ

Hello PJ...thanks for taking the time to follow forum rules and post your first 'post' here.
Great news about the new bike arriving...I bet you cant wait. What bikes have you had in the past?

Any plans for the new wheels? I'm sure you will enjoy the forum as its a great sense of community and advice from all.....have fun and ride safe

Marc

PS.. Thanks for joining up and supporting the forum too....have a look in discounts section if you are looking at some bits and bobs for the new bike. Get some pics up when you get her!

Hi Marc,

It's completely standard currently however I have purchased an Austin Racing slip on can in carbon, a new set of tyres (Bridgestone S22), and potentially will upgrade the steering damper too - looking at Bitubo, GPR or Ohlins then will be a case of letting some funds build again and look at what else I can mod!

Used to have a Speed Triple 1050 - albeit 9 years ago - Always had a soft spot for one of these so will take it easy for a while on Rain Mode to get used to it.

Is there anything worthwhile you'd recommend to do?

Best regards,
PJ

Hi Marc,

It's completely standard currently however I have purchased an Austin Racing slip on can in carbon, a new set of tyres (Bridgestone S22), and potentially will upgrade the steering damper too - looking at Bitubo, GPR or Ohlins then will be a case of letting some funds build again and look at what else I can mod!

Used to have a Speed Triple 1050 - albeit 9 years ago - Always had a soft spot for one of these so will take it easy for a while on Rain Mode to get used to it.

Is there anything worthwhile you'd recommend to do?

Best regards,
PJ

Welcome PJ, The AR slip on will no doubt sound fabulous, good for you, it was on my shortlist too, I also have a 2005 Daytona 955 triple with underseat exhausts and I could never get enough of the sound of the triple on full chat! Intoxicating.

I too rode my S1000RR in Rain mode for the first few hundred miles as it scared me. And still does grab my attention with the acceleration in Sport mode - went to Race mode once on a hot sunny day and wasn't enamoured with the rear wheel lifting under braking without me touching the rear brake pedal to calm her down.....)

Enjoy your ride and enjoy the forum

Welcome PJ, The AR slip on will no doubt sound fabulous, good for you, it was on my shortlist too, I also have a 2005 Daytona 955 triple with underseat exhausts and I could never get enough of the sound of the triple on full chat! Intoxicating.

I too rode my S1000RR in Rain mode for the first few hundred miles as it scared me. And still does grab my attention with the acceleration in Sport mode - went to Race mode once on a hot sunny day and wasn't enamoured with the rear wheel lifting under braking without me touching the rear brake pedal to calm her down.....)

Enjoy your ride and enjoy the forum

I?ve been on a shopping spree - got a load of mods for her now, so will get them fitted soon and put some pics up [emoji1303]

Can?t wait to get out on her tomorrow for a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum PJ!

Thanks for supporting the forum, there are loads of benefits to premier membership (follow the attached link for full details).

You have nothing to fear re S1000RR?s, the engines are smooth and the chassis stable.
You?ll be amazed how usable such powerful bikes can be. I reckon you?ll be leaving it in Sport or Race mode very soon indeed [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

Back