Baby's first BMW!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I only went with that title 'cos I'm the youngest child :friendly_wink:

This is my new, to me, 2018 S100RR Sport and I am in love :love-struck: Only been out for a couple of essential journeys so far but very much like what I've got.

Have put the rear rack on for the top box (sorry, it makes me laugh imagining peoples faces when they read that bit) and have got to fit the LSL crash bungs, Mivv GP Pro exhaust, radiator guards and sat nav mount then I'm ready for lockdown to f*ck off for summer:motorcycle2_smilie:

It's still wearing some S20s with tread left but will be swapping them out some time soon for something that doesn't mind me riding in the worst weather. Got a feeling the current tyres wouldn't like being caught out in sleet and snow!

beeming.jpg

Hopefully Bo jo will give us the nod tomorrow! Have fun with your installs!

Well, looks like Wednesday is a go-go!

In anticipation, have finished off adding all the bits. Mivv exhaust, LSL bungs, satnav mount and wiring, Keis lead, and battery charging lead. Bought an accessories lead from Nippy Normans but that didn't work, no matter what combination I tried the leads with. Thought it might have been the Tomtom cable but wired it direct to the battery without problem so it's either the accessories lead or the socket. Managed to put the oil cooler guard on but buggered if I can figure out the radiator guard! Fairly good chance I've got the wrong one for the model year...

Anyway, if you're planning on taking advantage of the new freedom to ride, watch out for some very, very bored traffic police :nightmare:

Mivv et al.jpgSatnav 2.jpg

What is the rear rack and what boxes can you fit? TBH a tour would in theory be easier with such a rig and the paint is kept safe.
The radiator guards may need the shroud moved to install.

Someones been busy over the last few days! looking good....are you intending any tours on it?

The rack is a Ventura one (they now do arms to fit a box), coupled with a Givi universal plate and box. I'm trying it with a 30 litre box to see how it holds up. With the guards, I had the fairings off and the inner shroud but the cable tie tabs (?) on the guard hit the overhang on the radiator. Will probably pass that headache on to my local garage :)

Someones been busy over the last few days! looking good....are you intending any tours on it?

Will probably use the KTM (1290 GT) for longer trips but wanted to be ready for commuting long-ish distances. Daily mileage varies between 100-150 so I do like a bit of comfort, especially when it gets cold :)

Looking good that can there..

I almost bought a Mivv Suono can a couple of months ago, it looked really great on the ZX, in the end opted for SP Engineering purely on cost.
597683a7a2af3a6f71eb00ee86cfafdd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Black and red was my other alternative. Decided that I'd already done that with Aprilia (2 x red Falcos, 1 x black one - yes, I really liked the Falco!) so the grey one really worked for me :)

Congratulations on your new RR @Katie
The bike looks fantastic and sounds like you?ve got a great luggage setup [emoji41]

What has been your favourite experience onboard the SDGT?

What has been your favourite experience onboard the SDGT?

Hmm, good question. Got to be either

a) taking it fully laden up a satnav-recommended twisty route on a French mountain, that turned out to be part mountain goat trail , without any issues or fear :woot: or

b) getting the heated seat :woot::woot:

That?s a tidy looking bike. Good skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back