Recommend me some gloves please.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm not finding my Alpinestars GP Plus R gloves comfortable at all, I thought they'd bed in but the knuckle protection along fingers is quite painful and hurts every time I pull the clutch in and out.

I'm looking at the RST Tractech Evo R 3, they look nice and have some brilliant reviews. I'm normally an XL in Alpinestars gloves, are RST gloves same sizing or do I need to go up a size or down?

Thanks.

Last edited:
ok....im up for a challenge....can you post a pic of leathers boots helmet for colour match

Colour scheme is red, black and white. Leather is soft but just not getting on with those plastic bits on the fingers, especially the left hand for the clutch. Hence willing to break tradition and try something different this time mate.

Thanks guys, I've gone and ordered a pair of these on the basis that they've got great reviews, I tried some on at the MCN Show in London earlier this year and they felt nice, they're quite cheap so nothing really to lose, the colour scheme matches with my bike/gear and 44Teeth seem to like their stuff even though they must be sponsored. Have watched some online reviews on YouTube and thumbs up it seems. They don't have the plastic on the fingers that's causing me pain in my left hand small finger so should resolve my problem I hope.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/366042

They arrive on Monday and I'll provide some feedback once I've used them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I've gone and ordered a pair of these on the basis that they've got great reviews, I tried some on at the MCN Show in London earlier this year and they felt nice, they're quite cheap so nothing really to lose, the colour scheme matches with my bike/gear and 44Teeth seem to like their stuff even though they must be sponsored. Have watched some online reviews on YouTube and thumbs up it seems. They don't have the plastic on the fingers that's causing me pain in my left hand small finger so should resolve my problem I hope.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/366042

They arrive on Monday and I'll provide some feedback once I've used them.
ive got them and they are nice & comfy in large ,I had large knox androids before and they just felt to bulky and cumbersome

Thanks perkles, I?ve gone for XL as per the guidance on their sizing chart and that?s the size that seemed to be suited at the show if I remember. Good to hear you?re getting on with them :)

Must have massive fingers! Lol I?m only a large. Look good mate get some pics up after u have sterilised them lol

You won?t go wrong with RST?s. I?ve got both and they have the same sizing. I wear out a pair of AlpineStars inside a year riding on the road Ie holes in the first two fingers and thumb, RST?s last 3 years.

I am still waiting for my RST airbag suit but hopefully it should arrive at the end of this month

You won?t go wrong with RST?s. I?ve got both and they have the same sizing. I wear out a pair of AlpineStars inside a year riding on the road Ie holes in the first two fingers and thumb, RST?s last 3 years.

Wow, that's very positive feedback, looks like they have a lot of bang for the buck then!

I've got the evo 3 gloves, great looking glove. But I don't find them super comfy, where the finger tip is stitched inside my pair it actually can get under my nails(and I have no nails) also the thumb webbing and palm area has taken some serious wear in around 2000 miles, and only one trackday. Also the leather can get quite stiff in colder weather, but they are a track glove not really for cold road riding.

Well, they arrived today, sooner than expected and credit to Sportsbike Shop again! They feel very comfortable and look very well made as well. Not getting that pain in my left hand I was complaining about on an initial wear just inside the house. Haven?t tried them on the bike yet, I need to drop off some essentials to my parents so will pop out later on the bike and give them a try.

Great news...let us know how u get on.....assuming ur going on the RR?

Back