Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anakij

Reaction score
Hello :D I just joined here. I have currently BMW G 310R, but I'm thinkig about S1000RR since I remember. I couldn't buy it because I had A2 only. Now I already can have it but I have some experience from my G310R and I don't know it will proper to change from easy 300ccm to 1000ccm beast. Will It be too big step and I should buy first 600ccm ? :chuncky::chuncky:

Hello and welcome to the forum.
As your sticking with the brand my first bit of advice would be to do some insurance quotes as well whilst looking for your new bike. Which Gen of the S1000RR are you looking at going for?

Plenty of advice and friendly chat here.....have fun

Marc

Welcome.

Having an S1000RR when fairly inexperienced is not an issue on it's own. Your intentions/self control and machine control are what matter.
I'm guessing you're fairly young as you couldn't go straight to one.

If you've not done it already, get on a Safe Rider/Bike Safe course with the police and read the Roadcraft book from the same. Both are invaluable for road riding skills and learning to ride confidently and defensively. Police riders are the most highly trained riders to ever go out with.
I'd also recommend i2imca for their machine control courses. These get you learning how to use the bike underneath you when faced with the unexpected...even riding over debris.
I started biking aged 30/31 so had a lot more miles in cars under my belt, but I've done all the above and wish I'd done more training on top of that. I didn't know it all then and still don't now.

So, back to the question - with good control the RR is no faster/slower or more dangerous than any other on the road. Insurance companies won't like a young rider, be prepared. Would I get one as a 2nd bike from a 300cc G310? Probably not, I'd probably go with an S1000R and get used to a bigger naked first, then I'd go to the RR...

I'm not saying don't do it. But I think the R gives you less of a learning curve, more control and lower insurance costs whilst still being an absolute weapon.

Back