Saying Hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schua2007

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, newcomer to the site although wish I'd found it earlier. Traded my Gen 3 in Feb for a Gen 4 M Sport, 8 days later with 61 miles it was returned with leaking callipers and I haven't seen it since. Should've kept the Gen 3!

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Welcome - at least in lockdown you're not missing road time.

The caliper issue, as I'm sure you've seen has been overly prevalent and requires replacements or seal kits depending on your build date.
I hope yours are resolved quickly.

Thanks for the welcome Alex,

I'm waiting for the dealer to reopen to understand next steps (Barnstormers) as pre shut down they were attempting to replace the bike due to the wait time associated with parts. Sadly they were unable to ascertain if the replacement bike, which was in their storage depot, had the same calliper issue and we ran out of time. So I genuinely have no idea whether I'll be getting my first Gen 4 back or a new one. I am somewhat nervous now having explored the site and seen that there are multiple issues with the Gen 4 about having any Gen 4,

Time will tell,

Rich

It's been a difficult birth for sure. I think we're all of the opinion it came out a year early.
They'd already put the same calipers on the GSA (1250) and were battling the same replacement issue. it seems to happen when they are not used.

Anyway - it's still the best bike - OOTB it is the all rounder. You'll be sorted soon and enjoying smiles for miles!

Welcome mate... great choice. Least u were able to get urs for 61 miles. Fingers crossed for dealers to open again for brakes to be sorted/bikes to be collected/ and finally bikes to have first service done.

plenty of friendly advice here. Enjoy asking away!

Thanks Marc, thoroughly enjoyed exploring the site so far and sensing the community spirit of the members,

Back