Cracked wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
You guys with the M Sports might want to check your carbon wheels.

Got my bike back yesterday after having the brake caliper leak sorted and went a short run.

Took it out the garage this morning to wash it and found this.

9665520e0296e2b354e435d40cfdc713.jpg

f3a75d55ec4823bff33f7d56dabdbbd8.jpg

c27745250c147e2b5f71c2c80b8d9cf1.jpg

It?s difficult to tell from the pictures but the cracks are deep, looks much deeper than the lacquer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not great, but seen before, dealer should replace.

- Alex

It?s not the replacement it?s how long it?s taking BMW to get parts for these bikes that?s the issue.

I want rid of it now

They?ve had it 2 months. I was told it got seals

Lucky you got them, my dealer is closed for another 2 weeks.

Got the same response from BMW UK. They will contact my dealer when it reopens.

Lucky you got them, my dealer is closed for another 2 weeks.

Got the same response from BMW UK. They will contact my dealer when it reopens.

BMW UK have been terrible with me. They don?t even know my bikes fixed and I have it

It?s not the replacement it?s how long it?s taking BMW to get parts for these bikes that?s the issue.

I want rid of it now

The saga continues with the gen4. I?m sure it?ll be amazing by the time they update it in a year to the gen5, but by then another manufacturer will have something new out that trounces it! Hopefully BMW will have a think about product testing in the marketplace in the meantime?
Sooo pleased I settled for a late gen3 now, I could do without the hassle. Good luck with it, your patience must be wearing thin.

I was just thinking the same I am glad I settled for a gen 3 ,I wouldn't feel confident riding any brand of wheel that has cracked like that replaced or not

The saga continues with the gen4. I?m sure it?ll be amazing by the time they update it in a year to the gen5, but by then another manufacturer will have something new out that trounces it! Hopefully BMW will have a think about product testing in the marketplace in the meantime?
Sooo pleased I settled for a late gen3 now, I could do without the hassle. Good luck with it, your patience must be wearing thin.

Therein lies the dilemma. It?s an awesome bike, I still believe it?s the best sportsbike you can buy.
I?ve ridden a V4S, Ape RSV4 1100 and a R1M albeit a 2016 bike and I still think the Beemer is the better bike, but how long do you put up with the issues.

My dealers been brilliant. The dealer in Spain was wank though but that?s another issue. The real issue lies with bmw and I feel sorry for the good dealers that are trying to help customers.

Have BMW motorad given any solid reasons why there are so many faults

Their responses to my emails about the brakes were the most patronising I?ve seen from any customer services department.

The car side is exactly the same.

Their responses to my emails about the brakes were the most patronising I?ve seen from any customer services department.

The car side is exactly the same.

I went into my local bmw car dealer for a new company car ,the whole experience was unbelievable and I was made to feel like it was a privilege to be there
I gave up in the end and bought a Lexus hybrid, the customer service is brilliant

I?ve had BMW cars for nearly 20 years, I?ve only ever found one salesman any good

Therein lies the dilemma. It?s an awesome bike, I still believe it?s the best sportsbike you can buy.
I?ve ridden a V4S, Ape RSV4 1100 and a R1M albeit a 2016 bike and I still think the Beemer is the better bike, but how long do you put up with the issues.

My dealers been brilliant. The dealer in Spain was wank though but that?s another issue. The real issue lies with bmw and I feel sorry for the good dealers that are trying to help customers.

I think your right, especially if road riding is in the mix. Surely Kawasaki must have something up their sleeve though and coming soon? They have so much development on the wsbk winner, and the 2020 version is looking good for wsbk if that ever happens this year. They will have to convert all that expertise into a road bike for mortals at some point, or, what?s the point? But, if one of the Japanese manufacturers does introduce a new model, there will be no problems with reliability. But they work on a different business model I think.

I think the only real alternative for me is the 2020 R1M if I change now

Surely latest R1/M are good for road riding?

Yeah that?s why I?m thinking that?s the bike.

Only reason I didn?t buy it instead of the beemer was the issue with the cranks but if I?m only using it on the road I can?t see that being an issue now.

I did plan to track the gen 4 initially

Surely latest R1/M are good for road riding?
Only if you?re under 50, or have a private chiropractor, same for the rsv4! The BMW is the only viable option for those of us who are not at our peaks physically!
I?d have gone with the rsv4 no question, until I actually tried one and had to be helped off it. I?d still have one for track duty, but most of the $$$ spent on bikes is spent by the older guys, hence the S1 success I think.

Back