clutch microswitch gen1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike g

Reaction score
Been having a few issues lately with bike not starting in gear (clutch in stand up) had the switch out twice now and it seemed to be all there and "clicking" and seemed to work afterwards.

Did it again recently, so I thought I'd check with the GS911 and sure enough the switch is only working intermitantly. When you pull the clutch in it lets the switch "pop out" and make a circuit - you can check by disconecting the plug from the loom and shorting across the wires (in the loom) - sure enough works ok.
trying to get a meter on the connector prongs isn't possible with the equipment I've got (all a bit "tight").

Any way got a new one coming from latvia via ebay for ?30, so hope that fixes it.

should have put a wanted post up,i've got a spare...1/2 price of that

TURNED UP TODAY FITTED AND ALL WORKING LOVELY!
Just got to do oil and filter and chain and sprockets now, and then it will be time for a new back tyre before we are off to Spain in September (hopefully)

yep, Latvia is obviously further than you might think!

Just doing chain and sprockets and found rear supersprox is wrong fitment, won't be able to get new one until later next week - double bugger!

Back