New guy.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trav103

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Ive had my Gen 3 RR since September, and I?m loving it, since my last bike was so different (R1200GSA).

I?m looking to do a few more jobs on my bike and get out on road and track to improve my riding after lock down.

Just reading the threads on the internet was a great help, so I thought id join, as I?m looking to set the sag as my first job. As soon as I can be within 2 meters of another person.

Cheers Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

If you're 85kgs or less that the OEM suspension needs no front pre-load added. It has some built in. it comes with 10.2-10.5 springs in the front (variance due to quality).

Not so sure about the rear.

Hi Pete and welcome. I only bought my Gen3 last September and also had a GS1200 prior alongside my R1 4XV. I really enjoyed the GS but its good to be back on a more modern sports bike. Both the R1 and S1000 are great stable mates.

Welcome Pete....plenty of Gen 3 riders here with lots of knowledge (Alex being the guru)

Get some pics up and have fun....

Marc

Welcome!

If you're 85kgs or less that the OEM suspension needs no front pre-load added. It has some built in. it comes with 10.2-10.5 springs in the front (variance due to quality).

Not so sure about the rear.

Thanks Alex, I?m 90-95 after lock down without gear, so I?ll have a search on here and see if the workshop manual says anything and probably pay for the Dave moss video and try an average of the 3.
It?s probably more the rear that needs sorting. [emoji1303]

Hi Pete and welcome. I only bought my Gen3 last September and also had a GS1200 prior alongside my R1 4XV. I really enjoyed the GS but its good to be back on a more modern sports bike. Both the R1 and S1000 are great stable mates.

Thanks, Yeah it?s such a different experience to the GS. I thought it would be intimidating but as soon as I test rode it, I was shocked how friendly it is, obviously I was no ware near it?s ability but I?m keen to get on track.

A belated welcome to the forum Pete!

Very glad to hear you?re enjoying your RR, Gen 3?s are fantastic machines on road and track.

What were your favourite experiences onboard the GSA?

In terms of rider training, from a road riders perspective I would highly recommend RoSPA training with a local advanced group.

Fingers crossed the lockdown lifts in the not too distant future so you can continue enjoying life on 2 wheels [emoji846]

A belated welcome to the forum Pete!

Very glad to hear you?re enjoying your RR, Gen 3?s are fantastic machines on road and track.

What were your favourite experiences onboard the GSA?

In terms of rider training, from a road riders perspective I would highly recommend RoSPA training with a local advanced group.

Fingers crossed the lockdown lifts in the not too distant future so you can continue enjoying life on 2 wheels [emoji846]

Thanks Oli,

I did a trip to Bulgaria with some friends, it didn?t miss a beat, so comfortable but as soon as you?re on a decent road like the Transalpina it would come alive. If I could afford two bikes it would be in the garage.

Yeah I need to look into some training. I?ve done a bike safe course and enjoyed it, advanced riding makes sense.

The day this lifts everyone will be out.

Have you done any trips/tours on your RR?

Thanks Oli,

I did a trip to Bulgaria with some friends, it didn?t miss a beat, so comfortable but as soon as you?re on a decent road like the Transalpina it would come alive. If I could afford two bikes it would be in the garage.

Yeah I need to look into some training. I?ve done a bike safe course and enjoyed it, advanced riding makes sense.

The day this lifts everyone will be out.

Have you done any trips/tours on your RR?

That must have been a fantastic experience!
I agree, an S1000RR and a GSA would be a dream 2 bike garage [emoji41]

From what I?ve heard BikeSafe is good and the fact you enjoyed it and found it beneficial is the main thing.
I never considered advanced training till I joined this forum and went on a rideout led by someone who is more than a bit handy to say the least (@phil) and then was lucky that one of the Observers from my local Advanced Group joined the forum (@preynol1) and the rest is history as they say!

Yea I?ve done a couple trips on my RR, the first was our Forum Tour from a couple years ago, we did the NC500, or more specifically the extended 700 ish mile version that MCN recommend. Was an amazing experience, partly due to the roads, partly due to the bikes, but mostly for getting to hangout with many of the guys on here [emoji41]
Last Summer I went on a trip to Yorkshire with the guys I mentioned above and a few others who aren?t on the forum. Was another fantastic experience from start to finish, apart from a minor setback when a Ducati (had to be) had a breakdown on the second day.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?14178-PRAT-Yorkie-1K&p=133269#post133269

Last edited:
That must have been a fantastic experience!
I agree, an S1000RR and a GSA would be a dream 2 bike garage [emoji41]

From what I?ve heard BikeSafe is good and the fact you enjoyed it and found it beneficial is the main thing.
I never considered advanced training till I joined this forum and went on a rideout led by someone who is more than a bit handy to say the least (@phil) and then was lucky that one of the Observers from my local Advanced Group joined the forum (@preynol1) and the rest is history as they say!

Yea I?ve done a couple trips on my RR, the first was our Forum Tour from a couple years ago, we did the NC500, or more specifically the extended 700 ish mile version that MCN recommend. Was an amazing experience, partly due to the roads, partly due to the bikes, but mostly for getting to hangout with many of the guys on here [emoji41]
Last Summer I went on a trip to Yorkshire with the guys I mentioned above and a few others who aren?t on the forum. Was another fantastic experience from start to finish, apart from a minor setback when a Ducati (had to be) had a breakdown on the second day.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?14178-PRAT-Yorkie-1K&p=133269#post133269

Sounds great, I think me and a couple of mates are going to try a 4 day trip in wales towards the end of summer. We have both stitched our selves up with having 2nd sprogs recently so we can?t take the mick and ask for 2 weeks anymore [emoji2361]
I?ve just bought a Kriega r30 and I?m now looking at tank bags and two piece leathers. This lock down is getting expensive.

Sounds great, I think me and a couple of mates are going to try a 4 day trip in wales towards the end of summer. We have both stitched our selves up with having 2nd sprogs recently so we can?t take the mick and ask for 2 weeks anymore [emoji2361]
I?ve just bought a Kriega r30 and I?m now looking at tank bags and two piece leathers. This lock down is getting expensive.

Many congratulations on the birth of your child Pete!

Kriega R30?s are very good.
With regard to tank bags I would recommend the Wunderlich Sport tank bag, as doesn?t get in the way of the fuel filler cap or interfere with your arms when riding. As an alternative to carrying a backpack whilst touring, adding a Hepco & Becker sport rack with a tail bag of your choice is something worth considering

https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/#

Many congratulations on the birth of your child Pete!

Kriega R30?s are very good.
With regard to tank bags I would recommend the Wunderlich Sport tank bag, as doesn?t get in the way of the fuel filler cap or interfere with your arms when riding. As an alternative to carrying a backpack whilst touring, adding a Hepco & Becker sport rack with a tail bag of your choice is something worth considering

https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/#

Thanks he?s not here yet, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. He?s due on the 22nd may.

I?ve just looked at your link thanks, the luggage and adapter plate looks good I?ll have to do a test run and see if I need it.[emoji3]

I was looking at this

https://moto-tour.com.pl/en/product...MIvfCglZGX6QIVUUHTCh3cSw_qEAkYASABEgJ-YfD_BwE
It?s the lowest Profile one I could find with a phone window and tank lock I only need to put a power pack, passport & tickets for tolls maybe a few tools I can?t get under the rear seat.

Back