What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put mine into hibernation today.
Cleaned, connected battery optimiser, put the bike on paddock stands and covered it. I might put some FS365 on next weekend if i get a chance.

lllN30lll link=topic=1602.msg16210#msg16210 date=1353261007 said:
Can't remember what that weaves called, but it's not cheap stuff, seen it before on the arai that's circa £2000

its 12K carbon plain weave (as opposed to the normal 5k plain or twill weave)
i took a bit of a punt really, i wanted something different.
its traditionally used in aeronautics, where a higher strength is required (wings, panels etc)

im not 100% on the tank cover TBH, but i like the hugger and front guard.

lllN30lll link=topic=1602.msg16203#msg16203 date=1353255663 said:
Billy link=topic=1602.msg16200#msg16200 date=1353241917 said:
lllN30lll link=topic=1602.msg16196#msg16196 date=1353227546 said:
BUZZ link=topic=1602.msg16187#msg16187 date=1353189630 said:
Glyn you nuts lol
Can't wait, 200mm length can with 60mm internals.

Any pics as ive been fancying one for my ARCS system

Billy
Here's what it looks like now, It's being sent off though to be made shorter.

C50AC8E3-DBA1-487E-B672-1AC0EEC1E17F-70628-000003865F01A25A.jpg

Drill rivets out, take end off, cut it down refit end and re-rivet, simples...... ;)

thompsp link=topic=1602.msg16234#msg16234 date=1353278222 said:
rusty link=topic=1602.msg16230#msg16230 date=1353276638 said:
ready for the salt!.
Is that where the name Rusty comes from? Lol

Welcome to the forum buddy. I too picked my S1k up 3 weeks ago and really loving the thing...even in the freezing temperatures :-[

In terms of accessorising our bikes, we have a lot to learn from some of the other forum members (good and bad experiences. I've already got a Akra stubby and tall dark screen fitted, so I made a few more tweaks today by adding the 3 GB Racing engine protectors (look great ;D), R&G bobbins (not keen on them tho - too big and look as tho they will chew up on the stand) and carbon heel plates (look much better on my Thunder Grey bike).

A R&G tail tidy and a cat cover are next on the shopping list when i get back from my hols.

Get the d3 components tail tidy and the r&g cotton reels get chewed up in no time ;)

Get the d3 components tail tidy and the r&g cotton reels get chewed up in no time[/quote]

Thanks for the tips Buzz.

Unfortunately, a tad too late on the bobbins (and exactly what I thought might happen) as I've already bought and fitted them. I do prefer the look of that D3 Extreme (http://www.s1rr.eu/#/tail-extreme/4558660630) tail tidy though, especially with the small number plate light. If that's the one you have, is it easy to fit? is it nice and flush? no drilling of bodywork I hope? Any fitting tips?

No i have the standard d3 with the colour coded finishing plate under seat unit and took off the indicator bracket as i run watsen flush indicators...

BUZZ link=topic=1602.msg16292#msg16292 date=1353442773 said:
No i have the standard d3 with the colour coded finishing plate under seat unit and took off the indicator bracket as i run watsen flush indicators...
That reminds me, I need to contact Mr Watsen to make me a black set up.

BUZZ link=topic=1602.msg16292#msg16292 date=1353442773 said:
Ah ok. They only do the finishing plate in white, so that's not an option for me anyway.

I like the small LED and the big winkers myself! I'll order one, then I'll be the expert on fitting it ...or how to blow fuses doing it :eek:

What have you done to your bike today?

Stood in the garage doorway, stared at it and gave it a hug.....its asleep for the next few months and didn't want to wake it up and then not take it out. It looks at me so disappointedly sometimes. ??? ;D

Yesterday though, I disabled the exhaust valve to see if it made a difference...it does, but in my opinion not big enough for the modification so put it back to standard...i guess I'll just have to keep saving for that Austin Racing system!

Finished putting it back t'gether after a greasy rear end clean up, replaced front sprocket (1down) for a change. 'C' spacer behind sprocket cover had reshaped itself so could only see half a hole in 1 of the securing screws, tut. Waiting for maybe couple more riding days ??? before i give it a major strip down, clean and tuck in for the winter.

Had a 21.5k service on Saturday, & found out the left hand switch gear is kaput and needs replacing so is now both sides done. I'm out of warranty but they will fix under goodwill ( nice chaps at chandlers ).
On Sunday got caught out by some weather 50 miles from home, had to ride through ft deep floods on the roads, which was nice! ;)
Had to rescue my mates bike in the evening as he managed to high side his bike on a level crossing & cause a major incident, luckily was only a broken heel and the bike was superficial damage.( unlucky bugger). :eek:

Left home, (Sunday) not a cloud in the sky and forecast good. Bike was spotless and singing sweet, 40 miles out and the sky fell in :eek: Spent the back 40mls (after checking my baccy stayed dry) testing the abs and tc, i was amazed how much grip i actually had. Jet wash and towel down, strip, clean and hibernate tday. Bored already.................

Yup, left on Sunday 181 miles later arrived home bike absolutely filthy in the dark and no time to clean it. So I thought I would just put some chain oil on. Put it on it's rear stand and the little so and so decided to slip off and wobble into the garage wall. Result cracked off side front indicator (currently glued back together) and a nice dent in the can where it came to rest on the BBQ gas cylinder.

So where is the best place to get parts, only had it 3 weeks and was not thinking about replacements parts just yet.

Back