What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a JMT battery in the R1 and got in some SSR carbon goodies for the S1000rr.

Also got some parts in for the Ducati 996,bigger battery leads and a new DB screen.

Fitted a new set of clocks to the bike ready for the track, a complete luxury item, expensively extravagant, way OTT and i'm not likely to get the full benefit of it but........

It was shiny and it is about as close to one of the new dashes like on the Ducati, the R1 or the new GSXR as I am going to get and best of all with the plug and play harness, an absolute doddle to fit!

I was fortunate enough to have been able to talk my good lady into buying it out of the savings rather than my wages too, the excuse being that the original clocks are easy to steal and expensive to replace too in the event of an accident :joyous:

Also fitted some Stahlbus speed bleed valves to the M4 calipers I have fitted and I am having a trial run with some Venhill quick release brake couplings purely so I can just whip the calipers off when needed, again completely extravagant but they were shiny!!!

20170614_203752.jpg

Very nice mick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got my captive wheel spacers in the post this morning.
Also collected the S1000rr front nose off the sign writing company this morning.

Happy enough with the headllight decal,so it looks like the left side headlight now.

Stripped the forks off ready to go and get the ECH29's fitted, the wheels needed to come off anyway to go and get the new tyres fitted next week, had a general tidy up of the wiring, filled and bled the brake system and tested the quick release connections and then made a start on fitting the new track fairings.

Busy evening but very therapeutic, all whilst listening to Iron Maiden which helped the work rate!

finally got the lowers painted what do you think guys
be267b6307a9f108d8e07eb26dd2ba09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think that looks really rather good @Hellrider [emoji41]
Remarkable how much it changes the look of the bike

I think that looks really rather good @Hellrider [emoji41]
Remarkable how much it changes the look of the bike
cheers oli that's what I thought aswell like it much better than black

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

56k on clock. Last min rosso corsa rear went on last week after a puncture... noticeably crap in the rain today. 5th 6th gear spin up on Motorway. Rosso 3 all the way next time.

in Chandlers today for brake pads allround.

should get me through spring.

happy riding all!

Started putting protection on mine... these cost 63 quid all in, yes they are copies but bloody good ones. A mate of mine [emoji879] couldn't tell the difference, both his bikes have genuine on.anyone wants the link giss a shout.

73ce1f1b51d071aeb43a12eb541a6349.jpg
b925f8a096edfc09165c45606ec2c24f.jpg
a79118c34cad35a9f8e41d1c111fc06e.jpg
8c0cdadfd1e77baeba85b2a64c335497.jpg
dc457b87c489183c5f385c0be5aa1374.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Copies in the style of is one thing...but you're saying these are full on counterfeit, they say GB Racing but aren't (according to you) made by them. That to me is quite worrying and if I was GB Racing I'd want to know about them.

I'm not having a go at you but I am worried about the proliferation of shit on the market.

Back