Removal of cooked flies on exhaust downpipes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Looking for some advice, not for the S1000RR but for my Triumph Bonneville. Washed it over the weekend and noticed there are some cooked flies on the chrome downpipes. I?ve tried removing with polish and micro fibre cloth, but a couple a quite stubborn and not coming off. Please can you recommend some product to use? I want to avoid using anything abrasive as I don?t want to scratch the chrome. I was thinking of perhaps a bit of T-Cut but decided to check on here first as that might ruin and discolour the chrome?

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks!

Autosol and a tee towel.

Smear of autosol on pipes, end cans etc.

Hold 2 ends bunched, wrap it once around and pull ends back and forth.

For reference the string and Bow firestarter is same idea but stick is the bit you want to polish, string is the towel.

It polishes very fast and very well.

Apologies of the description is odd. I'm a bottle of quarantine wine in.

Last edited:
Autosol and a tee towel.

Smear of autosol on pipes, end cans etc.

Hold 2 ends bunched, wrap it once around and pull ends back and forth.

For reference the string and Bow firestarter is same idea but stick is the bit you want to polish, string is the towel.

It polishes very fast and very well.

Apologies of the description is odd. I'm a bottle of quarantine wine in.

Hi Mate,

Appreciate the advice, I'll get some Autosol ordered and then do as you say. It's a brand new bike but couple of stubborn flies not coming off, 95% came off with Auto-Glym TAR remover.

Back