That lean angle on treaded tires

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
93615745-1307496406127886-1722418726802417525-n.jpg

Super Corsa SC's do give you way more feedback and grip than the equivalent Super Corsa SP's. Not sure of your background?

If you can get your knee down, you can get your elbow down as it's no more lean angle, but I can't ride with that body position and head angle... feels so alien to me after a lifetime keeping my elbows off the ground and keeping the horizon level.

Youngsters can ride like this.... Watching Marc Marquez and body position inc his wrist angles defy logic to me.... bouncing his elbow along corrugated kerbing. How can he do that with only holding half the twist grip very lightly? Plus grip the bike....

wp1836061.jpg

Yep they are SuperCorsa SC which is basically a threaded slick so this explain the grip.

I agree with you on lean angle, altho I'm practicing to get my elbow down.

This looks insane - factory Ducati V2 on SuperCorsa as well

93254583-2787775624604751-3372897568861922180-n.jpg

This is Giulio Fabbri

It is stunning, and it?s mostly in the mind I think. Obviously, being young and flexible really makes a difference though. But, I think knee down means elbow down is a bit of a stretch! I get the idea, but alas don?t have the physicality to do it. I?m not convinced it?s the ultimate race winner though either. Lots of good riders never get elbows down, but seem to win races. I?m not a fan, but when did you see Jonny Rae with his elbow down? Vision and purpose win the day?

knee,elbow or whatever down,makes no difference,they are gauges to let you know where you are with regard to lean.styles change,and there's 2 extremes there,jonny rea (exactly same style as crafar),old skool upright,and marquez,the progression.look at how rossi has changed his style over the years,bikes change,so for those boys,the way you ride the bike needs to change.

*for us mere mortals however,it's nothing but paddock bragging rights as will make little or no differerence,in fact usually makes you slower trying to force something,be it knee down or elbow,as it should happen naturally

+1 agreed. When I was racing I spent most of my time trying to stop wearing knee and especially toe sliders out and it was hard as the bikes were bigger then and you had your inside leg against the fairing and knee on the deck at the same time. Now I don?t bother as it tires me out more as the bikes are way slimmer but my bodies gone in the opposite direction. ?

Anglesey was always a fucker for toe sliders,been through a couple of a/stars boots around there,even with mag. toe sliders,expensive days :)

Lean Angle

knee,elbow or whatever down,makes no difference,they are gauges to let you know where you are with regard to lean.styles change,and there's 2 extremes there,jonny rea (exactly same style as crafar),old skool upright,and marquez,the progression.look at how rossi has changed his style over the years,bikes change,so for those boys,the way you ride the bike needs to change.

*for us mere mortals however,it's nothing but paddock bragging rights as will make little or no differerence,in fact usually makes you slower trying to force something,be it knee down or elbow,as it should happen naturally

+1. Knee or elbow down is just a useful tool to gauge lean angle.

1st time I managed a knee down it scared the shite out of me, picked the bike up and ran off track lol (was a lonnnnng time ago) Now it's more natural I look after my sliders ! I did try an elbow jobbie at Jerez at the left hander, T8? but didn't happen, blame it on old age and self preservation . :confusion:

1st time I managed a knee down it scared the shite out of me, picked the bike up and ran off track lol (was a lonnnnng time ago) Now it's more natural I look after my sliders ! I did try an elbow jobbie at Jerez at the left hander, T8? but didn't happen, blame it on old age and self preservation . :confusion:
Best we go back so you can have another go.
[emoji16]

- Alex

If you were shown a pic of me on a bike you'd say I was novice group at best rather than mid pack fast...........totally twisted up and fairly upright.

Call me a tart, but I wish I could ride elbow down! Post up your best elbow down shots at trackdays/race meetings when you know the photographer is at your favourite corner.

Tell me about it, that is awesome, is that you? I?m just about to purchase a husky 701 to see if I can improve my riding! The off road enduro stuff has certainly helped but supermoto should add some skills so 200bhp feels better when moving around. Drifting supermotos looks as easy as getting you?re elbow down, in my dreams anyhow!

Nope not me in a million years! Ruben Xaus back in the day. I lent my bike to Foggy at Snett when he was riding for Honda. He was 6/10ths a lap quicker and it did my head in. How FFS? But I realised later it?s a 100th here, a 10th there. Over a lap it all adds up. Experience. Or the David Jeffries approach.... just stick it in there and sort it out later. Bless him.

I only rode one whilst my bike was in for a problem for a week. It?s was a bike that made you young. Perfect balance between power, weight, width.... do silly to ride. Do we need much more on the roads in all honesty?

I had a red grifter, I think it weighed about 100kg. I had my first big off I can remember when it tankslapped me whilst going down a hill. I got picked up out of the ditch at the bottom by a lady on a horse, she said I was out cold! I reckon you?re right about the supermoto for the road, for B roads, point to point it should be fun.

Back