Space on the S1000RR ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaz

Reaction score
I am looking closely at the S1000RR as my next bike. But I am fairly tall at 6.8 and big built.. Big built that is not fat as I'm a gym junkie.

My last road bike was a KTM RC8 which had adjustable bar position and height adjustment for the foot-pegs as well as the option to raise the seat height via a bolt hole change on the seat sub frame..

This made the bike an outstanding road bike for the taller/bigger rider...

But I want to go back to another four cylinder and something a bit more up to date so as said the RR is top of the pile at the moment.

So how do the taller among you find the S100RR ? I'm not intending to go touring or anything like that but also don't want to be cramped up knackered after say 100 miles ...

Cheers

Chaz.

i am 5 foot eleven and get on great with it i can manage 300 mile in a day with only my backside aching but with all sports bikes that would happen but you fella are a giant so i wouldn't like to say book a road test to see how you go

I'm 6"2 and not exactly waif like & i find the s1k comfy enough to go touring around Europe on. Take one out for a test ride and see for your self, most dealers will let you have one for a few hours, you can get a heap of miles done in that time. ;) ;D

Think yr gonna have trouble... i'm 6.3 (prob shrunk a bit now) whilst an hr is just about comfortable the next couple are a killer but im not a young'n anymore and i still love it !!! ;D

Hi Chaz. I'm only 6.2, but like you, I'm from the Grove and joined this forum today too.

After a couple of Euro trips killing my back & shoulders on my old unreliable MV, I was keen to find out if the S1000RR was any more comfortable (knowing it would be more reliable!). I called Clark's at Rednal and they let me take a 2012 test bike out for free (except fuel) for up to 3 hours to find out.

Needless to say, after a trip to the Bridgenorth Cafe and back, I have bought a Beemer and I collect it on Saturday :D

Give em a call. Best, easiest and surest way to find out.

I'm 5' 11" and had 2 RC8s before the S1000R.

The RC8 destroys it for comfort, but I could ride the RC8 all day with no comfort issues at all. I have had reconstructive surgery on my right hand after a racing accident so sports bikes don't come comfortable for me especially.

The S1000R is fine for 3 hours at a time but after that, its slightly cramped. I suspect for you, it would be murder.

5'11'm 16 stone and its comfy for me although the suspension is too soft for me,the 12 has better valving so it would be ok,go jump on a k5/6 gsxr 1000 as the s1krr is based on one of the on riding postion or bery close to one ;)

now then now then who are these new forum members from bromsgrove :) welcome finally some local riders with taste. i am 6'3" and do not have any issues with space on the bike. I do plenty of track days an long sunday road rides out an it is fine. I think the bike has a long reach so is fine 4 taller gents. Had a zx6r as last sport bike and in comparison i was like a monkey on a stick on that.

only average height mate but bloody heavey. although many broken bones have left me with comfort issues, obviously all sports bikes arent the best but i would say, with exception of the RC8 and possibly some gixers its up there for comfort as sports bikes go. WELCOME

I'm 6'2 and all legs and I find it more comfortable than the ZZR1400 I had before. In fact it was one of the reasons it went on my short list because it instantly fitted.

At 6'3 I have had no problems whatsoever but much taller than that you may struggle unless you get the adjustable rear sets which should make a difference and look pretty smart to boot.

Thanks for the replies ! Seems there is quite a but of room as no one has piped up and said its an no can do fit for the taller rider...
I used to have a dedicated track bike (R1 ) And a ZZR1400 for the road but the coin will not permit 2 bikes again so one has to be capable of doing both duties at least reasonably well..

Will get a test ride sorted out as soon as I can but the writing is on the wall.. S1000RR will be the next bike...

Just have to find the right one now !

I used to buy all of My bikes brand new and had 27 new registrations over ten years or so all bikes were supplied by the then best (IMO) Dealer in the UK George Whites in Swindon..

But again the coin will allow a used bike up to around 10.5K as I will be using my own cash and not taking finance..

Cheers

Chaz.

Back