Arashi Rearsets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tattoobob

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted Arashi Rearsets to a Gen 3 if so how are they?
I'm looking for a set of Rearsets and found these on Ebay. I've been looking for a HP set but can't really afford them at the moment.

Rob

I have a set of them for my race sv650. They look sweet. They bend like there made of cheese in even slight falls.

Also the adjusters for gear and brake annoyed me.

Saying that other fella had them and liked but didn't crash on them.

But soo soft you can hammer them flat again easy just need new bolts

I considered Arashi rearsets for my 10R .. 100 quid for fully adjustable looked a snip but in my head lurks Jimmy Mac who used to scare me with his stories of the quality of Chinese metals, plus I had a wee "ocurrence" with chain adjusters so I avoid, perhaps to my detriment.... He had knowledge of airline industry operators avoiding Chinese metals of sorts, not sure if much has changed but in their defence you seldom see many neg comments online.

A set of wavy discs with pads for same were 147 quid or over 500 for the equivalent Brembo set up which I went for and Omnia Racing semi adjustable pegs..so 700 v 250... pays your money takes your chance!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have a set on my Road Gen 3 '15. Work like a charm. No problems at all in fitting or usage for the road in 3 years. Racefoxx sell them rebadged. J

I have a set on my Road Gen 3 '15. Work like a charm. No problems at all in fitting or usage for the road in 3 years. Racefoxx sell them rebadged. J

Aye, as I said theres not much in the way of negative comments. Would you use their discs Jamie?

This is a very personal choice in what you trust. I personally have never had a bad experience with Chinese stuff and I?ve bought alot over the years but I?m meticulous in researching the product as much as I can. I used to race at British Championship level plus mechanicing with HRC TT etc, so you?re always testing unproven parts and accept delaminating tyres on the back straight at the old Snetterton as part of the job. If you use you common sense and have some understanding of what materials are designed for you?ll be fine. Ie don?t Anodise parts that need to flex, do not use titanium in suspension areas, be very careful coating forged wheels that use heat as part of the process etc. I have a set of Arashi discs on my TL1000R and they?ve fine, certainly better than the EBC discs that were on there before (never again, they only honour their warranty if one of their dealers fit them).. The bike weighs a ton and it?s thrashed mercilessly. My preferred discs are Galfer. I got so fed up with buying Brembo 5.5mm race discs and the centres wearing so quickly that they would fail an MOT in 2.5k miles. Yes, They can be rebuilt but it?s a cost that shouldn?t happen so quickly. Even std Ducati Brembo discs do that. Galfer wear out in thickness before there?s play fore and aft on the centres.
So bearing in mind everything you buy is probably made in China from clothing to parts from most official Brands, I haven?t had a problem but I understand if other people wouldn?t touch the stuff with a barge pole. Bodywork wise Chinese injection beats OE by a mile. The paint makes OE bodywork look like a rattle can and vinyl job plus the plastic they use doesn?t get brittle when cold unlike fireblade fairings. My 2 pennies worth. J

Searches Arashi, gets J-Pop Boy Band... :eek:

That did make me smile. Funny, I'm working on a Taiwanese J-pop style show as I type.
Try aliexpress for stuff. Type in S1000RR CNC or Carbon Fiber etc. Beware universal fitment stuff. Use your common sense. The good thing about Aliexpress you have a money back guarantee if it doesn't turn up in the time allotted and you get your money back, then most of the time it turns up a couple of weeks later. Especially with Covid delays. Always measure yourself for things like steering dampers. Chinese steering dampers I've had, have more adjustment and less play than genuine items they replaced. I then sell my old stuff on. I sold all my Genuine Brembo Race Rear Callipers because I couldn't tell the difference between the two i.e Chinese and Genuine. Netted me ?600 for 3 genuine rear callipers to fund other stuff. Lovely stuff, TiN coated.

Here's the latest item that turned up Friday, a clear clutch cover. Exactly as pictured. Lovely bit of kit. I've had one on my TLR since 2006 and 100,000 odd miles without a problem. I like open clutches even if they aren't. A talking point...

Again, it's up to the individual. If I won the lottery tomorrow, There's still a lot of stuff I'd buy from there as the Money BMW charges for some parts is offensive. Say 570mm exhausts for racing/trackdays. You don't want to destroy your Akra every few meetings, so Chinese Stainless, Carbon or Titanium are great but you have to get the inlet stretched (?10) to 65mm. You can easily stretch a 51mm to 65mm and it looks like it's made that way. A 51mm is more restrictive on the exit though, but not bad and good for certain circuits with low noise levels. Heavier but a lot cheaper and take a good beating. I'm not fussed on a bit of restriction, these bikes are always going to be quicker than I am now.

IMG_0198.jpgIMG_0195.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0199.jpgScreenshot 2020-04-20 at 1.21.56 pm.jpg

That clutch cover looks ace, what kind of money is in that ? Found it.. 260 quid or thereabouts...looks well made [emoji106]

Last edited:
Yep, machined from billet. Exactly as pictures. Always put a message into the seller on any of this stuff to put a low value say $20 so you don?t get stung for import duty.

Looks superb that, you've installed confidence in my thoughts on this stuff mate..and smart thinking !.... [emoji106]

Last edited:
The clutch cover was air mail so only a couple of weeks. I ordered it from JAER Store on AliExpress as they?re the manufacturers. You then don?t have to deal with another reseller in between.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there should be a spacer with these Rearsets that allows me to take the Exhaust hanger off?

Thanks

Rob.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I thought the same with mine Rob ,I want to get rid of the HP hanger bracket now ive fitted my Arrow system

Back