Over Suspension

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked for a German engineering company for 25 years that manufactured vibratory drive units
The harmonics and frequencies were controlled by PLC controllers that monitored the voltage being drawn in the magnetic coils ,the flex of the units, the temperature and God knows what else
This guy is talking cobblers ,like you said a decent shock and change the rake and trail of the bike would sort it for non aliens on track
He probably sells those fleshlight things as well :)

I worked for a German engineering company for 25 years that manufactured vibratory drive units
The harmonics and frequencies were controlled by PLC controllers that monitored the voltage being drawn in the magnetic coils ,the flex of the units, the temperature and God knows what else
This guy is talking cobblers ,like you said a decent shock and change the rake and trail of the bike would sort it for non aliens on track
He probably sells those fleshlight things as well :)
Ah well that?s a whole different ball game! Active suspension is not the same as passive... as you already know.

Please do not go off this guys video and buy this device guys. He is plugging big time for RRPS! The guy was a customer of mine and was asking me to make him all sorts of videos on suspension etc. He is not a racer, he is a track day rider. He is also not an engineer, and his research appears to come mostly from the internet. There are lots of erros on his technical videos!

I work in BSB as a Crew Chief and run my own suspension company (i've worked for Ohlins), I have seen said data from our Superbikes as we have tried this device but bear in mind it was given to us by the company who made this device at no cost.

So here is the feedback from a BSB Superbike Team who ran 2 bikes with this device in the 2020 BSB Champinship!
"It did not benefit in any way, the data from the bike shows that clearly it made no difference to the issue it was supposed to combat! " subsequently the devices were removed half way thru the season.
FACT: You have to remember every mechanical device will give the rider a placebo effect when you tell them a device will make something better!
FACT: Chatter doesn't happen to most people, and whilst it can be caused by the rear it ultimately manifests at the front!
FACT: Potential causes of highside.
-Trail braking too hard, losing rear-wheel traction on the entrance to a curve or up to the apex.
-Trail braking too hard to wheel-lock on a slick surface causing the back end to lose traction and fish-tail into a side-long skid.
-Down-shifting too aggressively entering a turn effectively locking the rear wheel?less of a threat on s bike with a slipper clutch?but a potential factor.
-Using so much front brake force in a corner that the rear tire loses traction or even lofts off the pavement entirely.
-Accelerating too hard on the exit from a turn, breaking rear-tire traction while still in a hard lean.
-Leaning far enough to ground a part of the bike such as the exhaust, fairing, or other parts with enough force to momentarily loft the rear tire.
NO DEVICE can rectify Rider Input.
My friends in WSB who work for some major teams as Crew Chiefs/Data Engineers and Suspension Technicians have also tried this device, it ended up in the spare parts bin.

I was contacted by Nicola about selling his device 2 years ago along with just about every known suspension company in the UK-none of us chose to sell this device and none of us to this day sell this device. I asked for real data and none was forthcoming so I contacted a link with Barni and I was told some very interesting information, I would not recommend any product without intricate knowledge of the product design/application and its proven worth but I am an engineer.
In my opinion you really need to get the basics right first, springs/damping and geometry as expensive bling does not solve an ill handling bike ever and if you have a bike that has no handling issues, you should really NOT have to spend ?400.00 on a device to make a good bike better. This is hugely prevelant for a road bike, before you even bolt on such a device you need to have the correct spring rates/damping for your weight/intended application. Your better off spending ?400.00 on a better shock as stock suspension is not the best on any bike!

The guy is a genuinely nice guy, but like some people here have mentioned he appears to want to be another you tube vlogger. I wish people would see past the fancy videos and just understand this is a very technical sales pitch for a device that is of no benefit to anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed the formatting @SSR Suspension

Good to hear your take on them, I had seen them on bikes racing this year and was like argh WTF...

Abhi is nice fella but yep this is bollox.

Thanks Alex, yes I saw them on a few bikes, but talking to the guys i spoke too they were gifted the device as we were.

Sales pitch 101, how do you market a product? Get it seen and then plug it, or sell it at such a discount nobody can turn it down!

I have a friend who is a WSB/GP Data Engineer who was in Spain in December testing this device, he said they needed to do more testing but it was certainly not a fit n forget item that worked out of the box. I have tried to get so much information on this device from the company but non has been forthcoming, it has all been from friends on pro teams who have tried and tested it.

The people selling it are just non technical parts resellers, plugging the blurb. I have tried to give Abhi some advice and tecnhical resources but he has not corrected some of his inaccurate information. This unfortunately shows how powerful influencers and vloggers can be, its a shame as it can impact the industry in such a bad way.

I also noticed the constructive comments i posted on his youtube channel have also been deleted. There are a few videos like this, one on the steering damper video has some technical inaccuracies. Again a certain supply company is plugged on multiple occasions!

He seems to be plugging it very hard, the guys on the FB Ape owners page think he is some kind of genius :ambivalence:

He's a bit mad on track. Leaning his rsv4 so far it was grinding the exhaust was a new one on me. Then there's the carbon rims he's destroyed due to the crashes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Alex, yes I saw them on a few bikes, but talking to the guys i spoke too they were gifted the device as we were.

Sales pitch 101, how do you market a product? Get it seen and then plug it, or sell it at such a discount nobody can turn it down!

I have a friend who is a WSB/GP Data Engineer who was in Spain in December testing this device, he said they needed to do more testing but it was certainly not a fit n forget item that worked out of the box. I have tried to get so much information on this device from the company but non has been forthcoming, it has all been from friends on pro teams who have tried and tested it.

The people selling it are just non technical parts resellers, plugging the blurb. I have tried to give Abhi some advice and tecnhical resources but he has not corrected some of his inaccurate information. This unfortunately shows how powerful influencers and vloggers can be, its a shame as it can impact the industry in such a bad way.

I also noticed the constructive comments i posted on his youtube channel have also been deleted. There are a few videos like this, one on the steering damper video has some technical inaccuracies. Again a certain supply company is plugged on multiple occasions!

He seems to be plugging it very hard, the guys on the FB Ape owners page think he is some kind of genius :ambivalence:

Not all, guess I'm too long in the tooth to swallow nowadays lol

Great write up/info.

Back