44Teeth Racing on the BBB R1 / GSXR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched number 3 last night... considering they are budget bikes and poor brakes a good effort I thought

Brilliant entertainment as always and as usual goes to show riding ability always wins out - also borne out in Sylvain Guintoli's stock Gixxer track day vids... I see in a rare, recent BvG video Chris has sold his S1K race and says he's now riding around some Spanish track 3 seconds a lap faster on a secondhand RSV4 with VO2 slicks as the worry over crashing the BMW was slowing him up - how much money did he lose on that magpie purchase?

I see in a rare, recent BvG video Chris has sold his S1K race and says he's now riding around some Spanish track 3 seconds a lap faster on a secondhand RSV4 with VO2 slicks as the worry over crashing the BMW was slowing him up - how much money did he lose on that magpie purchase?

Exactly my reasoning for the pointlessness of that bike for the vast majority of punters.

Brilliant entertainment as always and as usual goes to show riding ability always wins out - also borne out in Sylvain Guintoli's stock Gixxer track day vids... I see in a rare, recent BvG video Chris has sold his S1K race and says he's now riding around some Spanish track 3 seconds a lap faster on a secondhand RSV4 with VO2 slicks as the worry over crashing the BMW was slowing him up - how much money did he lose on that magpie purchase?

well ... no

BvG buying 70k bike and later saying "worry over crashing" means he is poor and shouldnt have bought it in the first place.

If you think about it a bit more, he probably bought it for a reason and that reason is to get more traffic on youtube => earn more moneys, and not to ride fast on track. people are more interested watching expensive bikes being ridden.
(hence why Top Gear is so successful)

So, riding fast on secondhand and riding slow on S1K is totally orthogonal.

I've seen few amateur guys on S1K race who were fast and didnt have the same worry.

image.png

Last edited:
Well...yes, thats the point I'm making and why I referred to it as a magpie purchase and he admitted himself he couldnt afford to crash it

i watched the vid of him on his race beemer,sub 50 on that,thats not hanging around,so he's doing 46's now? thats some effort!!(and skill)

Back