Metzeler Sportec M9 RR | Tyre Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watched it last night, why on earth test them on track. its a road tyre. in fact i think they say 80% road. well in my book thats a 100% road unless your at a track day and your track tyre bursts and its the only thing left to fit.lol.

For those interested the Metzeler M9 RR also received a very good review in the latest issue (May 2020) of Fast Bikes magazine.

So how do our standard fitment K3's compare against these?

not had a chance to try them back to back yet. totally stupid putting the M9's on track but probably the only place they can try them at the moment. Dont think they even tried the M7's on track. maybe a back to back between the M7 and M9's on track would have been better rather than making out the M9's arnt very good on track. :)

I don't get this 'totally stupid' commentary. Lots of people ride to the track and then back home. The M9RR and the Pirelli DRC2's are one step down from the hyper sport K3 RR's and Super Corsa's. They offer the SAME compound on the edge as their hypersport contemporaries and ultimately will go nigh on as quick and do better in dodgy conditions. You've surely seen the S22 reviews where they get within a few seconds of slick times.

I'm not going to hesitate about using them (I got the DRC2's) if I ride to track and am riding without warmers.

I'll lay money on the average person not being able to go faster on K3's than M9RR's.

Last edited:
I?ve had both the k3?s and the m7?s on track, and there isn?t a huge difference in terms of times, but the k3?s felt a lot more confidence inspiring over 50deg of angle. The m7?s really impressed, but at the limit of my inters pace and skill level, I?d take the k3?s any day, as long as it?s dry and not too cold. I think the difference was with feedback at full lean, the m7?s hung on well, but didn?t feel confident on them to push too hard. The k3?s fed back really well and inspired confidence right up to max lean around 57 for me.
Having said that, I did get fed up with paying out for k3?s all the time and the m7?s were the best alternative road based I?ve tried so far. M9?s for me once I?ve got passed these OE Bridgestone s20?s, not keen on them so far.

I don't get this 'totally stupid' commentary. Lots of people ride to the track and then back home. The M9RR and the Pirelli DRC2's are one step down from the hyper sport K3 RR's and Super Corsa's. They offer the SAME compound on the edge as their hypersport contemporaries and ultimately will go nigh on as quick and do better in dodgy conditions. You've surely seen the S22 reviews where they get within a few seconds of slick times.

I'm not going to hesitate about using them (I got the DRC2's) if I ride to track and am riding without warmers.

I'll lay money on the average person not being able to go faster on K3's than M9RR's.

I've run times at Oulton "road bike only" days on S22's that would be good enough for a "normal" fast group.

I?ve been really impressed with the K3s that came on the gen 4. I only went 2 second quicker on V02 slicks although maybe I?d be a bit quicker now I?ve got some experience on the bike.

Not far away from needing tyres for it now and was considering the M9RR but not after watching that.

It?ll be the K3 or S22 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anywhere doing a launch deal on the M9? I'd actually planned on a set of m7 to try as I normall use bs21/22

But wanted to change to test different tyres

Replaced my Metzeler M7rr with M9RRs on Monday, it was pissing down so only done the 10miles back home so today was the 1st dry-sh day to get a run to scrub them in, initial impression is they are very good, bike feels light turns in is sharp and plenty of grip.

Back