Philips Racing +150 H7 Bulbs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always believed the beam strength/lumens to be too low to consider. I'd like to see contrary evidence.

- Alex

Has anyone any experience of these? Do the run hotter and can they damage the headlight unit?

Thanks in anticipation!
I ran + 130s Snooker (still do [emoji3064]) the LHS ended up all crazed after about 3 years, I bought a complete nose cone inc headlights off Daley Mathison couple of years back as a spare, ended up fitting it winter before last because of this... Morans option sounds better.. Alex has a point tho...

It was last Feb I swapped them over..https://photos.app.goo.gl/AmDRzcUExy3vvNYdA

Looked pretty awful

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've always believed the beam strength/lumens to be too low to consider. I'd like to see contrary evidence.

- Alex

Possibly in previous years, I had them fitted for my last MOT and they passed, without alignment. Also my bikes usually only used during daylight hours so cannot really comment on night use/commute

I?m amazed they passed the MOT. The beam cut off is normally all over the place. I run HID?s and have never had any damage to the plastic lens on any of my bikes. 3 of them have been running HID?s since 2007, one of them is my everyday commute.

I use the Philips Racing bulbs. Good strong white light, dipped beam is slightly improved and full beam is greatly improved. No issues with the lenses at all. Just be aware you only get a 6 months guarantee. One of the bulbs fitted to my sons car failed just after the 6 months.

I used them and one broke off in the headlight and it took me bloody ages to strip it all down and fish it out ,never again

I?m amazed they passed the MOT. The beam cut off is normally all over the place. I run HID?s and have never had any damage to the plastic lens on any of my bikes. 3 of them have been running HID?s since 2007, one of them is my everyday commute

Last edited:
I use the Philips Racing bulbs. Good strong white light, dipped beam is slightly improved and full beam is greatly improved. No issues with the lenses at all. Just be aware you only get a 6 months guarantee. One of the bulbs fitted to my sons car failed just after the 6 months.

+1 fitted to both my bikes.

Back