Helite go wireless

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of the over the top of the leathers style vests that?s why I went for the Ixon

I think the under-suit style look way better. But, I like the neck coverage you get with the over-suit vests.
Airbags in general though are a very good idea.

Yeah and I think the tech is evolving all the time as well with them.
I believe alpinestars do a stand alone vest as well now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a rst full leathers with integrated suit for that

Me personally I'm debating airbag or upgrade to dianese matrix front and back for 200 pound instead

Hi,

it?s understandably a fast changing technology and a year or two in development makes a big difference and I have nothing against Ixon gear, the Tech Air protects more of the upper body ie the shoulders, upper arms, side ribs and further down the lower spine compared to the Ixon and others.

It has the latest 3 Gyro?s and 3 Accelorometers deploying a medium size vest in 20ms compared to 55ms in the same sized Ixon vest and there?s no subscription.

Attachments

• A2E42605-38E4-436B-AE61-BF20D79EB37F.jpeg
    A2E42605-38E4-436B-AE61-BF20D79EB37F.jpeg
    947 KB · Views: 28
  • 018524BB-1434-496C-B353-E96436EE7649.jpeg
    018524BB-1434-496C-B353-E96436EE7649.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi,

it?s understandably a fast changing technology and a year or two in development makes a big difference and I have nothing against Ixon gear, the Tech Air protects more of the upper body ie the shoulders, upper arms, side ribs and further down the lower spine compared to the Ixon and others.

It has the latest 3 Gyro?s and 3 Accelorometers deploying a medium size vest in 20ms compared to 55ms in the same sized Ixon vest and there?s no subscription.

I?m not surprised that there?s better options now. Like you say, a year in development is a lot.
Thanks for the info

4cm gap required under the suit...extreme dieting required for me...I think I have 4mm...

Does look like a good piece of kit and much better value that it used to be.

I got some stretch panels put in my 4SR suit to take the Ixon vest.
You can send your current leathers away to get done if you didn?t want to but some of the new designs that come with them now like the new 4SR suits for instance

That's an idea...could talk to Hill 4 Leathers or Hideout.
I'll have to by the air vest to force me to do that!

I?m sure it was Hill 4 leathers that did my 4SR. I went through MCA as that?s where I bought them.

They are good guys, based out of a long garage on the side of house but they don't need flashy premises.

Mines are perfect. You?d never know that they were added in afterwards

4cm gap required under the suit...extreme dieting required for me...I think I have 4mm...

Does look like a good piece of kit and much better value that it used to be.

Remember you?d be taking out the Back protector as the vest is the equivalent of 22 back protectors. Even more if you use a chest protector as I do. J

Last edited:
Yeah I have the Astars track vest with chest and back protectors...its a squeeze and the thought of having something much thinner on whilst upright is a big draw.

I still should lose some beef...

...I just ordered a Wattbike Atom [emoji15]

- Alex

Yeah I have the Astars track vest with chest and back protectors...its a squeeze and the thought of having something much thinner on whilst upright is a big draw.

I still should lose some beef...

...I just ordered a Wattbike Atom [emoji15]

- Alex
I know that feeling all to well. I put it down to my leathers shrinking over winter. They always feel fine by the end of the riding season. ?

Back