Best place for service parts..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advise Guys. I?ve found what I need on the Opie site. However the kand n oil filters I?m a little sceptical as on my r1 I once had one leak from where the nut bit is on the filter. This was a known problem and people was all staying clear from them. Are these filters good quality these days? Thanks for the advice.

I wouldn?t use K&N oil filters on my of my bikes. Seen a few fail years back and was enough to put me off. I believe that they have been sorted since but even then I still wouldn?t use them

It's all down to confidence in the product, if in doubt, leave it out. Bit like tyres really.

I'm changing it frequently, every 3-4 trackdays, so it's okay

Unless it fails like they have they done in the past. Don't think there's ever been an issue with their functionality and the boss on the end is a nice touch for the guys that race as it allows it to be easily lockwired.

Nice one. My bike must have 6 layers of protection on it now. I done a big service before the lockdown started so nothing left to do. Just sat there on the trickle charger on paddock stands.

Any decent motor factors should be able to order the service parts. The OEM oil filter is a rebranded Mahle OC619. Similarly, the OEM air filter is a Mahle LX1841/1.

I got an oil filter, 4 litres of Castrol Power 1, a 16mm sump seal and half a litre of DOT 4 brake fluid from my local motor factors for ?66. They had to order the oil and filter which took a day.

Back