Best place for service parts..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I?m looking at getting oil and filter for my gen 3... would prefer to be able to get them posted to me as it will give me something to do while not at work. Any info or suggestions welcome. Thanks

What?s best make filter and oil to go for? I was hoping to get genuine parts however my nearest dealer is 20 miles away. So would prefer somewhere that can post. Also what grade oil would people recommend?

The grade should be per the book - BMW don't f**k about.
Oil quality, you'll hear a multitude of answers but for my money, Castrol Power 1 or Motul 300V are my go to's.

The filters are probably all made by Mahle or similar and are much of a muchness IMO - the tech is mature.

If u can wait till Cotswold and Lind are open u would get 15% off.....

Opie mate, create an account, really good service and they don't sell rubbish, you've a choice of at least 6 leading brands for 5/40 as Alex says don't skimp on oil...I buy a service kit for my car once per year off them too... theres a 10% discount of your first order.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oil and Filter

I would personally just stick with the OEM filter as put simply it works. As for oil most just use Castrol or Motul. Everything is readily available online or through Forum Vendors at reduced prices.

Re: Oil and Filter

I would personally just stick with the OEM filter as put simply it works. As for oil most just use Castrol or Motul. Everything is readily available online or through Forum Vendors at reduced prices.

nah, k&n and hiflo same quality cheaper $$

Oil Filter

I normally buy enough OEM filters at the start of the year to see me through an entire trackday season. I get a multi-buy discount from my dealer so it works out a bit cheaper.

Re: Oil Filter

I normally buy enough OEM filters at the start of the year to see me through an entire trackday season. I get a multi-buy discount from my dealer so it works out a bit cheaper.

pretty sure doesnt work same way for gen4

Oil Filter

Just ask your dealer nicely and they can normally get a few in at a time for you. It?s only a consumable part and nothing special.

Thanks for the advise Guys. I?ve found what I need on the Opie site. However the kand n oil filters I?m a little sceptical as on my r1 I once had one leak from where the nut bit is on the filter. This was a known problem and people was all staying clear from them. Are these filters good quality these days? Thanks for the advice.

Back