Decat or not?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysers

Reaction score
Need a bit of advice to make make mind, after blowing the engine in gen1 last year I picked up gen2 but this one got cat still in place with short akra can, I missing that sweet pop when going up the gears now but not sure if previous bike engine damage could be result of decat system? Now the first valve on headers pipe rattle a bit on low revs and I?m thinking of danmoto headers (no valve) and decat link pipe. What do you think is it going to be too loud and i should leave cat in place or get rid of it? Thanks

I doubt the decat system had anything to do with the engine failure.

Short silencers with decat headers are very loud. I would either fit a longer full system, or just stick with the short silencer you currently have. Beyond personal preference, it also matters where you want to ride

I?ve heard that you can fabricate some kind of db killer for short can, I mostly using it for road riding with occasional track but tbh don?t think it will pass any noise test as it is right now without baffle so past few track days I?ve done only Anglesey

My Gen 3 is Decated and has the short moto gp style can on and it is very loud. The pops, bangs and flames are awesome, if you want to track it then I would leave the cat in. If not then I would say do it.

Rob

Similar dilemma yesterday...no cat involved... I wanted a shorter can than the Arata that's on this 10R (which isn't difficult considering its half a metre in length) but not too short or loud so opted for a 300 ml and not the 250 version from SP Engineering.. so heres hoping when it arrives

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
eccb89f7b7da9f93cbfc968a674993a3.jpg

Last edited:
I think I will leave cat in place for now, there is so many other options to spend money for :)

I changed my mind at the last minute and went for a 250... based on the 150mm can on my HP4 lol
ff278d4284a4b61211464e4559984e46.jpg

Do you think that if I disconnect the cables from that valve before end can then it will pop a bit more?

I agree with Rob and Oli a full decatted system with a short can for me is too loud, I can't remember who but we had a forum runout to Moffat a couple of years ago and one of the lads turned up with a decat/stubby set up...it was wild.. we were already parked up and could hear him a few minutes before he pulled in, doubt he was doing any more than 30 mph....

I can't remember who but we had a forum runout to Moffat a couple of years ago and one of the lads turned up with a decat/stubby set up...it was wild.. we were already parked up and could hear him a few minutes before he pulled in, doubt he was doing any more than 30 mph....

Better safe than never I say.

f08bbfbd0c0ccd593c2e664b109a608d.jpg

That's Davy Malics bike..OK it's mine...them M7RRs were rubbish

Lol. Definitely the least amount of damage to a bike and rider I have seen at high speed.

C?mon stu, tell the nice people what really happened lol...

Soof lost it on the corner and I had to evasive action and ran wide, eventually we settled out of court ![emoji6]

Last edited:
Finally i decat it and it was ok for about 300 miles but today I took it for a spin and after 20 min it lost the power and it sound like a tractor, it?s like firing on 3 cylinders or something, anyone know what could be the issue?

Back