My Gen 2 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOCKE

Reaction score
After owning Suzuki?s then moving on to Yamaha I finally bought German. This will be my first S1000RR after owning my Big Bang 09 R1 for 6 years. I loved the R1 looks and sound and the bike ran faultless for the time I had it bar a slight starting issue at the end. Whilst doing some track days at Knockhill the BM caught my eye and the looks grew on me. I knew it had to be the motorsports colours so after selling the R1 last October the hunt was on. Living in Scotland there isn?t much choice for bikes and just missing out on 2 bikes down south I noticed one quite local to me. After going to have a look and ask the salesman some questions I knew this bike had a past. After doing some digging myself as the salesman was quite vague on my first visit I got confirmation that I thought it had been a track bike spending most of its life in Spain and Portugal. Now this doesn?t bother me but the fact the salesman never told me this from the start was a annoying. Turns out the owner had passed away and his wife was selling off his 3 bikes. My 2nd visit the salesman was told that I knew the history and he came clean. Not trying to take advantage of the situation but trying to strike a deal on what was for most of its life a track bike a price was agreed. So here it is my 2012 3500 mile S1000RR
27fc6a458ec14cccb520d8f320d80853.jpg

852326c6c11d7d5672a083b2a8703e8f.jpg

e34f2fc43d41252930e5b08ae2aec525.jpg

a0ef3585ad9f7f29f518969836cd8592.jpg

75a55098daf828b31b3c10056987447c.jpg

So when I bought it was completely standard and ready for the road. My first step was getting all the correct fastening as it had track fairings in the past some of the fasteners were hex rather the torx and check the bike fully over. With me happy cosmetically it was on to a service using Motul and BMW parts. Oil and filter change, coolant, brake fluid and spark plugs. Added were Samco hoses, K&N filter and Brembo SC pads. After that was GB Racing protection, Gilles top yoke nut, levers and brake lever guard, Akra can,MRA screen, Evotech pillion peg delete kit and HP Race delete kit.

Roll on normality! Stay safe.

Nice one LOCKE... the guy could have told you that in the first instance and turned any negatives to positives such as it was maintained to a high standard, regular oil changes, never seen a lot of track time..etc etc it looks a minter so no reason not to believe that it has anyhow.. hiding important things like that usually ends up going only one way as far as a sale goes...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I know Stuart I nearly walked away but the info I got from an old mate made me go back. It had been used on the road for the first 3 years then was used on track, also it sat for a year after he passed away and the late owners mate serviced it. I?m happy with it and it passed its first MOT with no issues plus I got it for a great price. Obviously SLICK mode is enabled. ?? I had 2 track days booked at Knockhill in April and May but they won?t be happening now.

I know, bummer... we're all scuppered with this, doubt this ZX10 I'm nursing will see a track this year either.. where in Glasgow are you ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back