Tracker removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouncing Buck

Reaction score
Hi everyone the 2020 bike has a tracker and alarm as standard which drains my battery at a silly rate even when it's not used, has anyone cut the power supply to it or removed it as I dont want that on my bike
Cheers again in advance

I don't think talking about bypassing security systems is ideal in a public forum.

just unplug it. ECU doesnt care about tracker so bike will run fine.

Hi everyone the 2020 bike has a tracker and alarm as standard which drains my battery at a silly rate even when it's not used, has anyone cut the power supply to it or removed it as I dont want that on my bike
Cheers again in advance

Personally, I don?t think it?s your alarm or tracker that?s draining your battery. These lithium batteries seem pretty poor at holding charge in general. Just get yourself a battery optimiser and you?ll be fine.

Personally I've been using lithium batteries on my bikes for about 7 years and found they are significantly better than lead acid ones. I have an early re without tracker and it's been fine. I've not started using my ultimate yet.

I put the bike away and after 5 days the battery was completely flat, I phoned the main dealers as it was only a week old and they said it's the alarm and tracker that's draining the battery, I'm thinking of removing the battery from the bike to leave the internal battery on the alarm go flat then have a look at removing it,

Thanks thank you for confirming the lithium batteries are good to use, I had a little bit of doubt for a minute, I hate alarms for the reason that they drain the batteries and this alarm and tracker can do it really quick and it's not even being used ??????

You do know you can turn off the alarm from the main menu right? I use that function when washing the bike. Take a look in your user manual, it'll explain how.

Tracker Removal

Forum Members:

In the interests of security please refrain from posting any details of tracker location, wiring, or information on its removal, on what is a public forum.

It's never been activated but it's still draining the battery so need to separate it from the battery

Re: Tracker Removal

Forum Members:

In the interests of security please refrain from posting any details of tracker location, wiring, or information on its removal, on what is a public forum.

I recommend removing this thread just in case someone does.

It's never been activated but it's still draining the battery so need to separate it from the battery,

Tracker Removal

Thread closed in the interests of Forum Member security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back