Lockdown

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
So...whats everyones opinions on Lockdown?

Do you think we are going to set free anytime soon?

Personally I think we got another 3-4 weeks...its going to get a lot worse before things get better.

Some people are saying 6-12 months....whats your thoughts?

i think it will peak at easter, but why have the government cancelled the Gtech order. do they think its going to peak earlier os is there a vaccine coming.

3 weeks for the peak IF we're all careful.
6 weeks to get rid of it if we continue to isolate.

Basically 2 months of lockdown minimum to really kill it off.

- Alex

Well the extra hospitals they are building i suspect something is coming.....

According to a friend who works for the cabinet office, 3 months. I hope he’s wrong but that’s how I am positioning my business.

Well the extra hospitals they are building i suspect something is coming.....

A friend of mine works for portakabin and said they have never been busier due to requirements for morgues, hospitals and isolation units.

the other thing that keeps cropping up on facebook is the fact that a lot of people were ill with similar problems just before and all over xmas. was it here a lot earlier than they think or are saying. i was ill and a mate even ended up in hospital xmas eve and day on a ventilator. A lot of my friends were with similar conditions. yes could just be a cold or flu but at the time i remember saying it was different to anything ive had and felt before.

Until we can get tested it’s all speculative. I had a cough for 2 months until about a week ago, and a fever one night in Jan. No idea if I have had it, but none of my family have shown any symptoms so it’s unlikely.

Well after today's Govt announcement, they almost sounded a bit optimistic. I personally think this current lockdown will last until around June and then combined with antibody testing people will slowly start to transition back to work and into society in small pockets. I think areas will be given a RAG (Red, Amber, Green) status in terms of zones, so depending on their current status some areas may get back to normal sooner than others. I do feel after this is over, a lot of lessons will have been learnt, for eg regards to ways of working and working from home, it may become the 'new norm' for many because look at the positive impact that will be having on the environment (less traffic/congestion), businesses (corporate firms) in terms of putting bums on seats, there can be a significant cost reduction in lease, rental and tax fees which many will want to benefit from. I think many things will change for everyone and hopefully once we do bounce back from this we will be better and stronger. According to the IMF, we are officially in a Global recession now. I don't think kids will be going back to school till September now, my wife's a Primary School Teacher and that's kind of what they're preparing for in their discussons.

I think it will be 2-3 months at least then they may partially reduce the lockdown.

Agree with Andy that until we get an antibody test we won't know who has had it without knowing or mild symptoms.

There is strong evidence against the idea that it was circulating widely in Jan or before. If that had the case there would have been many fatalities at that time.

there were fatalities in november, december and january but think it was just put down to the flu, theres apparently evidence to suggest it started in November in China.
Im guessing our government knows its on its way out and thats why there not paying self employed payouts until June as they know it will be well over by then and will only pay for the shortest time only. also why order from Gtech and then cancel the order. why not start the big hospital building work in brum and up north now. Love a good Conspiracy. lol

There is strong evidence against the idea that it was circulating widely in Jan or before. If that had the case there would have been many fatalities at that time.

I think the way this crisis has been handled has been and will continue to be a car crash in slow motion. The government has been ambiguous with a number of policies, the latest being the u turn on going to work if you have to. Saying things like ?flu like? and ?mild symptoms? means people with a runny nose are thinking theyve had covid and are now immune. The facts seem to get forgotten, like that there is no evidence that you become immune after contracting covid19 for starters. Essential journeys? What is essential to me might not be considered essential to someone else. And so on...

The economic help is again ambiguous and open to interpretation, the goal posts are being moved almost daily. Businesses will probably run out of cash before state aid to prop up wages filters through, and as for the banks and government backed loans, its not quite that simple either. Different banks have different rules. Self employed, no idea how thats going to work. Its good that the treasury have acted to save the economy but the approach has been knee jerk instead of carefully thought through, which leads to more confusion and misery.

Putting it simply, premier members should be free to ride their bikes about without hindrance, nice and clear cut, I dont know why Boris keeps ignoring my messages?

I think the way this crisis has been handled has been and will continue to be a car crash in slow motion. The government has been ambiguous with a number of policies

Agree fully with what you say. We need to scale up the testing and in the wider community.

If I can qualify my statement about early spread. There was a group suggesting that 80% if the population had already had the virus before March.

That can?t be correct if the overall fatality rate of 1 to 2% is correct (For which there is good evidence) There would have been between 500,000 to 1 Million fatalities already in the UK

Last edited:
back to my points, it is like a car crash in slowmo because its all ready there and has been for longer than we are being told. how do they explain they have missed the ball otherwise. fingers crossed they sort this testing soon. :)

It may well have been around undetected earlier (but not 80% of population). The official numbers for cases is a huge underestimate because they only test hospital patients at the moment.

The number of deaths in the UK today suggests true number of cases are at least 100,000 and perhaps 200,000.

It may well have been around undetected earlier (but not 80% of population). The official numbers for cases is a huge underestimate because they only test hospital patients at the moment.

The number of deaths in the UK today suggests true number of cases are at least 100,000 and perhaps 200,000.

the oxford study said about 50% all ready have it and boris when talking earlier in the week mentioned it and didnt dismiss it.

Latest posts

Back