Calibration

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moogerdoo

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I managed to get out today on bike here in France, signed the attestation ( Form for police explaining reason for trip )
I checked my tyres with a well known type of pressure guage and headed out, and hit problems straight away and could not understand, the bike was understeering oversteering and sliding and the gears were hard to engage, 3rd was all I could get to.
The gear problem I sorted with running on stand but the other problem ????
I checked the tyre pressures again and they were good.
The reason I used the well known brand of pressure guage was my good, expensive guage was broken.
The differance is unbelievable.
On a track day are the tyre guages calibrated ?????
I borrowed a calibrated guage from my mechanic friend and found the well known guage was 1 bar out which is a lot, maybe 11 bar.
So my advice to those who do check tyre pressure and have found in the past that its a bit hit or miss, but a good quality guage which is maybe calibrated.

Dave

I have a digi tyre guage I keep under the seat which I trust, so I always check pressure with it if I have to use a random pressure guage

Ryan's tool kit
0dd4b055748bd82efd52b450db8f58cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Listen man...it's cool, your among friends here... relax...and tell the truth..lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back