AIM protocol for 2019/2020 model released.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, pretty disappointed

this is just copy paste from 2015 model

ECU manufacturer: BMW
ECU Model: BIKE S1000RR 2015

I confirm that 2D sensor doesn't work properly on 2019 with AIM.

And also, I'm very disappointed with AIM support. I sent them a lot of data to show that it's not working, youtube videos and etc. They replied me once - saying something your ECU has a different fueling map hence we believe thats the problem.
But since then they just disappeared (this was also before Corona craziness).

Not going to buy their products again for sure.

Last edited:
AIM basically says that due to my custom fueling map, their device can't read 2D sensor signal properly. What a joke.

You can see here, that 3-4cm of travel results in ~70mm of travel reading.

Is there a chance the sensor is dirty? It's probably a good idea to get it checked before working out if its the AIM system not reading it properly.

I could lend you mine for comparison if that would help.

Is there a chance the sensor is dirty? It's probably a good idea to get it checked before working out if its the AIM system not reading it properly.

I could lend you mine for comparison if that would help.

Its a new sensor, I guess you would expect it to be clean, altho I agree needs to be checked.

Thanks! scooby already sent me one but my ECU got delayed at RS2E so had to sent it back for his Jerez. Now that all that canceled, need to get sensor again.

Its a new sensor, I guess you would expect it to be clean, altho I agree needs to be checked.

Thanks! scooby already sent me one but my ECU got delayed at RS2E so had to sent it back for his Jerez. Now that all that canceled, need to get sensor again.

If it's new then yeah I don't get why its not reading it.
I think in their software you can define the channels etc, voltages and the like. Maybe you can create a custom channel and test that? Surely 2D/Alpha can supply the voltage range.

Last edited:
If it's new then yeah I don't get why its not reading it.
I think in their software you can define the channels etc, voltages and the like. Maybe you can create a custom channel and test that? Surely 2D/Alpha can supply the voltage range.

Thats what AIM suggested - create a custom channel in RSA in their last response (before I made the video).

It is possible to apply a multiplier in analysis to multiply the received value to make it larger in math channels . In the example below I created a math channel called ?DAMPER FMM? which multiplied ?Damper Fmm by 3? expanding the reading to be more in line with expected results.

image.png

However, after I did the live measurement, you can see that the reading is somewhat exponential, I'm not sure how a linear x3 will help here at all.

I havent tried contacting 2D/Alpha yet. Wanted to check Gen3's sensor first.

The potentiometer supposed to be linear...AIM does not always made it correct the 1st time. I had to communicate with them multiple times and release 3-4 versions for the S1000RR channels to work (90%) correct. They will fix it in time. They just need our feedback.

The potentiometer supposed to be linear...AIM does not always made it correct the 1st time. I had to communicate with them multiple times and release 3-4 versions for the S1000RR channels to work (90%) correct. They will fix it in time. They just need our feedback.

I sent them videos and feedback on Mar 1. Today is Mar 27, I havent had a single email from their support.

Back