Ducati Streetfighter V4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look a beast, wonder what BMW will come up with when the new S1000R is released.

I have been thinking for a while on getting the new SFV4s but I need to ride one first.

200+ bhp on a naked bike... u won?t be riding it... you?ll be hanging for dear life in the superman position!!

Ducati have got a promo on at the moment that if u whack a deposit down it does come with a free cape and pants for outside ur suit....

let us know how you get on Soof! Lol

200+ bhp on a naked bike... u won?t be riding it... you?ll be hanging for dear life in the superman position!!

Ducati have got a promo on at the moment that if u whack a deposit down it does come with a free cape and pants for outside ur suit....

let us know how you get on Soof! Lol
What diff is it 200 on naked or supersport? You won't ride both at max anyway.

What diff is it 200 on naked or supersport? You won't ride both at max anyway.

Because at speeds of over 100mph on a naked it gets increasingly difficult to hold on, whereas with a Sportsbike you don't really notice that. Think even Neeves said in his review that the fun with Streetfighter is up to around 95mph, so after that there's not much point of all that power.

Because at speeds of over 100mph on a naked it gets increasingly difficult to hold on, whereas with a Sportsbike you don't really notice that. Think even Neeves said in his review that the fun with Streetfighter is up to around 95mph, so after that there's not much point of all that power.
That's totally false statement unfortunately. You have to tuck in your head on both at these soeeds, and you won't be experiencing any issues.

I have to disagree with you there BBB, even if you tuck in, on a Sportsbike there is a lot more to tuck behind, whereas with a naked there's not much at all. Look at the Streetfighter for instance, it doesn't even have a screen for starters. It's just physics really.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you there BBB, even if you tuck in, on a Sportsbike there is a lot more to tuck behind, whereas with a naked there's not much at all. Look at the Streetfighter for instance, it doesn't even have a screen for starters. It's just physics really.

Maybe it varies from naked to naked, but Ducati Diavel or KTM Superduke 1290R rides identical to Sportbikes at high speeds - all require you to tuck in your head. The main diff is that you have much more comfortable sitting position while tucked in on Sportbike.

I've ridden Superduke 1290R on track, also followed Jeremy McWilliams on it - no issues whatsoever if you tuck in

Maybe it varies from naked to naked, but Ducati Diavel or KTM Superduke 1290R rides identical to Sportbikes at high speeds - all require you to tuck in your head. The main diff is that you have much more comfortable sitting position while tucked in on Sportbike.

I've ridden Superduke 1290R on track, also followed Jeremy McWilliams on it - no issues whatsoever if you tuck in

Yes BBB, I can agree some naked bikes will be better than others, but overall aerodynamically they will not be as good as our Sportbikes.

But with everything, it's horses for courses, depends on what you want it for so I can imagine the Streetfighter being a lot of fun below 100mph. My Triumph Bonneville for example is not exactly a speed machine and I'm still running it in so can't go over 4k rpm, but it's a lot of fun and I only can do around 80mph on it at the moment before it reaches 4k rpm.

I have to say though, really liking the looks of this new Ducati Streetfighter, but also looking forward to the new S1000R when that comes out.

Yes I agree it depends on the bike, I had a K1300R on which I did 150+ a few times and it was fine. But it did have a tiny screen, whereas as pointed out the sf doesn?t.

It does look a beast, wonder what BMW will come up with when the new S1000R is released.

If they follow the same ethos as previously, then it will be the same engine as the new XR. I think it?s a shame they haven?t used the shift-cam system, like on the RR.

I hope styling wise, they do something similar to Aprillia and have a small fairing.

Am looking forward to seeing what they do with the R, and also interesting to think when it will be launched. I would have expected it to be a 2021 model

If they follow the same ethos as previously, then it will be the same engine as the new XR. I think it?s a shame they haven?t used the shift-cam system, like on the RR.

I hope styling wise, they do something similar to Aprillia and have a small fairing.

Am looking forward to seeing what they do with the R, and also interesting to think when it will be launched. I would have expected it to be a 2021 model

Yes, you may be right there Oli. Although BMW might raise the game now to bring it to Ducati and the Streetfighter, so it could be a de-tuned version of the Gen 4 RR engine with shiftcam technology. If so, it could really raise the game. In true Streetfighter fashion, it could be a Ken v Ryu duel! :D

Showing your age there schuey....

Haha, I actually downloaded Streetfighter onto the iPad for my daughter, she's loving it and when she gets stuck, Daddy has to take over to bust some special moves :D

Back