Is alpha the only option?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alpha Racing

I will only use them if I have to. It can be a ballache sometimes like recently when I went to Reactive parts for the brackets for the front travel sensor on the Gen 4 and they just went to Alpha for it which took something like 5 weeks to come and cost about 80 quid. There was no other alternative for the bracket kit but had I known the delivery time I've have made one.

I normally just buy directly from alpha Racing as the price markup from the likes of Reactive Parts makes them even more expensive. UPS postage is costly but not when you make a large order or buy multiple parts.

for a road bike its a waste of time. your only drop it and mark it. also have to find some where to put it whilst filling. :)

Perhaps for aesthetics then, one of those carbon fibre sticker covers would look nice, provided it doesn't look OTT?

Perhaps for aesthetics then, one of those carbon fibre sticker covers would look nice, provided it doesn't look OTT?

good suggestion schuey... I remember when I had my Honda and dealer fitted something similar but still charged massivley for it lol

good suggestion schuey... I remember when I had my Honda and dealer fitted something similar but still charged massivley for it lol

Yes, can imagine if it's an official BMW sticker it'll cost as much as the actual Alpha Racing fuel filler cap!

Last edited:
Back