Goldfren s33, still reccomended as standard pad replacement?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoranC1

Reaction score
My gen 3 is due its first set of pads. If I remember these were a well recommended pad?
Mostly fast road, also light track day use.

Any other choices than OEM

I was not disappointed with Goldfrens on very fast roads, can't comment on track tho...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I changed mine to Brembo SC...the stockers for me had a nice feel but not enough on the track. SCs have done a few tracks days and seem holding up well. Nice bite and produce a ton of brake dust.

Goldfrens I always used to run on my MX bikes, never tried them on a road bike. But in terms of quality and performance they were always very good. Another option is Carbone Lorraine, now known as CL Brakes. I ran their xbk5 pads on my old Daytona and they performed very well. OEM feel but far less fade...but they created a bit of dust though.

Carbone Lorraine brake pads........long time since I heard that name. Fitted them to my old Yamaha 1000 EXUP. I know it was years ago now and I still have the wreckage of that bike in my garage, but remember them to be very good at the time, beating in my opinion, all the the top brands of the day!

Manged to get a front axel set for 26quid posted... It makes me dubious, but seems to be alot of good reviews of them. I'll take them for an easy run in tomorrow and see how we get on.

I had Goldfren pads fitted to my R1 when I bought it. Took it out for a spin before it?s MOT and it was the scariest experience ever! Not because it was fast but because it wouldn?t stop. Replaced them with Brembo SC and they were great for the road

I had Goldfren pads fitted to my R1 when I bought it. Took it out for a spin before it?s MOT and it was the scariest experience ever! Not because it was fast but because it wouldn?t stop. Replaced them with Brembo SC and they were great for the road
He forgot to add they had fallen into a tub of brake fluid before fitting... lol

Last edited:
Manged to get a front axel set for 26quid posted... It makes me dubious, but seems to be alot of good reviews of them. I'll take them for an easy run in tomorrow and see how we get on.
Don't be fooled by the price.. I found them very good... any company that makes brakes for commercial airliners is bound to produce decent stuff for bikes...

How tight should a fresh set of pads bind to the discs?
After the install(double checked), left calipers loose, pumped lever, then tightened calipers.

The wheels deffinatly tighter in the pads I. E they're binding on. The wheel would only spin quarter or half rotation? Took it for a run, but was worried the discs would warp.

Pulled RH pads after about 100mile,low pace with a motorway run and a few hard braking areas. Looks like they've maybe cleaned the discs of old pad material?

Should I maybe lightly sand this back of before putting back in?

I de glazed them with light grit sandpaper, then scotched the discs, they now don't have a hard stop but the disc rub is still quite prominent. This is my first pad change on a RR, so it could be normal?

Back