S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybell

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just signed up - my DAS plans got ruined thanks to corona and have always loved the idea of eventually upgrading towards a blue fire s1000rr, figured i'd do some research whilst i have time to kill!

Welcome jimmy.... have you got a license currently?? If your researching pay attention to insurance also!
please of advice and I?m guessing from your colour choice you are looking at the gen 2?

welcome matey

hah yes, probs gen2 if that's what enables me to have that colour! That's about all i know thus far, though. License is currently pending. Was half way through DAS and corona shut the test centres down :<

no doubt i'll have a temporary middleground bike for some amount of time (and insurance dependent) before s1000rr - completely aware it's probably not suitable as a first bike, but no harm in perving whilst i wait!

Welcome to the forum Jimmy!

Blue fire is one of my favourite colour schemes and S1000RR?s are amazing bikes.
However, I would whole heartedly recommend spending some time on a middleweight bike, as you elude to in your previous post.
I would go for something like a Triumph Street Triple, as they are essentially a supersport chassis with a torquey yet high reviving engine. They are more then capable to keep up on any rideout and I personally think you?ll enjoy riding one more than an RR, to begin with [emoji846]

Fingers crossed you can resume your bike training again in the not too distant future and I wish you the best of luck for your test.
After passing, I would highly recommend joining your local RoSPA group. I wish I joined mine sooner lol.

Enjoy the forum and I shall look forward to seeing you on your ideal RR in future [emoji846]

Welcome Jimmy, as with Oli I think Bluefires a great colour...

Loads of great advice and info on here.

Cheers

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back