S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Hi, on my second s1000rr, first one a gen3 and just got a gen 4 1st of March rode it once and saw brake fluid leaking from front brakes all on wheel so now it?s locked up at aj Rotherham while Coronavirus takes over, so Ive had this bike ordered since November 2018, waited over a year for it, had one ride and it?s gone again now for god knows how long ?

The shop is shut down now so have to wait, but I have been trying to find out if the m4s will definitely fit straight on, has anybody actually bolted some m4s on, is the offset correct?

Welcome to the forum. 100mm should be. I was in the process of doing this but as you say, shop is shut.

Welcome by the way.... hopefully we shall all be out there on two wheels soon with m4 brakes on

I?ve just been looking at the pics of the m4 callipers and from what I can see comparing them to the Hayes is the fitting for the brake pipes is on the inside of the brembo with a bleed screw on the outside, where as on the Hayes the brake pipe and bleed screw are on the same banjo, so would the brake pipes have to be bent to fit on the inside of the m4 s or would the bleed screw fit the inside hole and the brake pipe on the outside with a plain banjo?

Just realised the bleed screw can?t swap places on the callipers so pipe would have to go on inside,

I wonder if the gold brembos off the gen 3 would fit straight on the gen4 model, just a thought

I wonder if the gold brembos off the gen 3 would fit straight on the gen4 model, just a thought
They would yes. OE from gen3 and GP4 RX have same location of banjo bolt so OE gen4 lines would work fine.

I can?t see Bmw standing cost of gp4 rx callipers and gen3 ones would be a step backwards even though they wouldn?t leak

Back