MOT during Covid

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised!

Copy/Paste

Any vehicle that needs a first MOT (annual test) before 31 March 2020
Email DVSA if your vehicle requires its first MOT before 31 March 2020 and you have not been able to have the vehicle tested.

You need to include your:

name
phone number
address
vehicle registration number (number plate), vehicle identification number or trailer ID
First MOT exemptions
[email protected]

Make sure your email has the subject heading ?First test exemptions?.

Less confused. All vehicles definitely isn't ALL...seems only the most dangerous category of vehicles are exempt...

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 12.13.58.png

Wife?s car is booked in for Thursday mot. All trucks buses etc have an extension. Most garages should still be open to perform mot.

driving tests for cars/bikes postponed for 3 months

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 09.46.45.png

^ If I'd bought the bike 12 days later I would have avoided the need to go out during lockdown ffs.

What about insurance ? If you ride a vehicle that doesnt have a valid MOT and crash they wont honor your claim I assume.

View attachment 5014

^ If I'd bought the bike 12 days later I would have avoided the need to go out during lockdown ffs.

Wow. I SORN'd the K75 yesterday as the MOT was due on the 31st and thought there was no chance of getting it sorted. I cant do anything for at least 5 working days, I will see if the DVLA system allows me to un-SORN and tax it thereafter without the MOT test. FFS.

Back