Replacement brakes for the gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit and miss at times, it' usually down to an individual in an establishment...one guy can make it a good experience or **** it up completely...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have fitted Brembo GP4RX calipers on mine, the left Hayes caliper was leaking when I removed it, with 0 miles on the bike.

My dealer said they 'needed to keep the bike for 24 hours with the Hayes calipers fitted' in order to confirm whether they are leaking or not.

I have put mine in a box until they wake their ideas up and issue a recall, brakes are a critical safety item in my view.

I have fitted Brembo GP4RX calipers on mine, the left Hayes caliper was leaking when I removed it, with 0 miles on the bike.

My dealer said they 'needed to keep the bike for 24 hours with the Hayes calipers fitted' in order to confirm whether they are leaking or not.

I have put mine in a box until they wake their ideas up and issue a recall, brakes are a critical safety item in my view.

Oh man this is a disaster. leaking at 0 miles.

If theres any part of my bike that gets top notch attention it's my front brakes and always has been... 200 brake and 200 mph capability these bikes are missiles...

It's a very unnerving situation imo.. if I had a gen 4 I'd be scrutinising them amost to the point of distraction.. anyone who rides any bike is no different... 100% confidence in your brakes should be a given.. no exceptions..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Which means we're all in trouble at the moment!

I checked mine today and thankfully didn't see anything.

Ditto, checked mine today and all looking good so far. While I was there, sat on it, started it up, gave it a few revs and then came back inside, all when the sun was shining outside :(

Lol! Exactly the same with me Schuey. It absolutely killed me inside to not just suit up and go for a blast.

I did clean up my wheels though. There's something horrible on the chain from new which just covers the rear wheel in something very greasy. Working out whether to clean the chain up and lube with my own stuff or leave it to wear off in case it's actually doing something useful

Lol! Exactly the same with me Schuey. It absolutely killed me inside to not just suit up and go for a blast.

I did clean up my wheels though. There's something horrible on the chain from new which just covers the rear wheel in something very greasy. Working out whether to clean the chain up and lube with my own stuff or leave it to wear off in case it's actually doing something useful

first mod u ever do when u get home is clean manufacturing gunk off ur chain.... lol

Yes, my dealer did warn me about that on collection day, he told me not to worry about it when it does fling up some stuff on the wheel, it seems extra stickier than on my previous bikes. I?d leave it on at least till the RIS and thereafter you can decide if you want to lube with your own stuff.

Hi mibridger, I see you have fitted the gp4rx callipers, I?ve got the same problem with my bike leaking at 50 miles, and now it?s locked up at dealers, by the look of things it?s going to be some time before new callipers arrive so I?m going to pull bike out and fit gp4 rx as soon as aj re opens, did the callipers fit straight on without modifying the brake pipes or anything? I?m guessing there the 100mm version, thanks

Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

... did the calipers fit straight on without modifying the brake pipes or anything? I?m guessing there the 100mm version, thanks

The 100mm Brembo GP4-RX calipers fit directly without modification.

Thanks rys1000rr, just need to get bike back now, by then there will be a shortage of gp4rx callipers!

After checking my vin with bmw my dealer was advised mine didn?t need new calipers, but did require new version seals both sides.
this has been done and I have had no leaking since, time will tell if the fix works long term and with the amount of sitting idle the bike is doing atm I will see if they stay leak free.

Daz

Hi mibridger, I see you have fitted the gp4rx callipers, I?ve got the same problem with my bike leaking at 50 miles, and now it?s locked up at dealers, by the look of things it?s going to be some time before new callipers arrive so I?m going to pull bike out and fit gp4 rx as soon as aj re opens, did the callipers fit straight on without modifying the brake pipes or anything? I?m guessing there the 100mm version, thanks

Yes, they fit straight on, I already had them from my gen 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back